Can you help me update the firmware on my Samsung Wave GT-S5253?
Question by Kaushik Das /

I have a Samsung Wave GT-S5253. When I try to update the firmware it fails. It shows that an additional 24MB of free space is required. I cannot free up my phones memory either, so is it possible to delete protected files?

Thanks.

• Qaisar farooq

Help me for update version for samsung s5253

Use Samsung Kies software to update your phone.Just install it and connect your phone to PC.It’ll show a prompt window if nay update is available or a message would be displayed specifying the update.

• abhinav kumar

i have samsung wave 525 and i was upgrading to bada 2 but unfortunately it was disconnected from pc.now the phone does not working.its showing the picture of computer and mobile and disconnection sign between them.how to get rid of this?

No you can’t delete those protected files and to free up memory,make the default location of app installation to memory card and others like camera,recording etc..You could also try to remove images,media files from phone memory to memory card.

Delete text messages and others by going to Settings –> Memory –>clear memory or something like that option would be present as deleted messages doesn’t gets remove while you delete messages from message app.

• Boni Oloff

I think 2 people already asking about Samsung Firmware update in this forum.. There many problem with that phone?
    I think Samsung is a great Android maker. They should have a updater software for the phone..

They do have updater in place for their Android phones via either by the device itself or via Samsung Kies. However, this particular model runs on Bada OS, which can be updated via Samsung kies, however the user is facing some problems.

• Boni Oloff

Oh, i see.. So the phones still use the old Bada OS..

Boni,

As you must already be aware that Sammy is the most popular company for Android Smartphones worldwide. In most countries their Android Smartphones do outsell iPhones (except a few companies like USA, Japan, etc.) In India Sammy has a 51% marketshare on smartphone as against only 2% for iPhones. Similar story in lot of other company.

Do give some credit to Sammy :) Bada OS is not that and was specifically developed for Samsung smartphones. You can see more detail on Bada OS from http://www.bada.com/ . You never know, you may actually like it. :P

• Boni Oloff

Haha. Yes, I used Sony XPeria Android before. An then change my phone to iPhone and after using it, i dont know what i like from an Android anymore. iPhone looks so perfect for me.. :D
      But, for some others maybe they like Samsung, i am not going to say Samsung is bad. Because i never use it before. And i can also say, you’ll never said iPhone awesome, because you never used it too.. :)

Hmmm………… yes, true I have not really used iPhone as a layman user, though I have used all Apple products extensively till December last year for giving Enterprise integration solution in my scope of the Apple Product Manager for my company, lest it be iMACs, iPAD2, iPhone4S or apple network integration and storage solutions, besides their whole range of software solutions. :)

• Brandon Clark

Try getting rid of some movies or music that can be added back after you update firmware?

• Jim Chambers

You could also add more memory.

Kaushik,

In the settings, go to the application manager and uninstall a few unnecessary apps that you may have installed and free up the necessary space. Believe me, you will find a lot of apps that we install and never use. Once I ran out of space to store my camera picture clicks and had to free space, so went and found 120 apps installed and uninstalled 60 out of them to bring the count down to 60. after you do that, I presume, your update should run fine. :)

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

They’re protected for a reason. You shouldn’t meddle with them. Are you sure you can’t free up space from unneeded files? Maybe you have a folder residing somewhere, filling up the memory.

• Burhan Ahmed

try updating with Samsung Kies Software

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

I’m assuming he already do, since he obviously has tried to update.