How can I update ESET Nod32 Antivirus 5 while offline?

Shahid Malik October 20, 2011

I want to update ESET Nod32 antivirus, but I want to do so while offline. Can it be done?

Most anti-virus companies will allow you to download signatures from their website as an alternative. You typically don't get all of the updates, just the significant ones. Apparently ESET isn't one of those companies. Kaspersky however, releases daily signatures (in full) in the form of a ZIP file which you can extract to your definitions folder. 

Then when you run the updater, it will notify you that you are offline. After that, it will compare the definitions folder to what signatures are registered and will install the definitions you just extracted. 

I don't think, offline updates are available, you can stop automatic update, and update manually online.

3. Mjevolve

Offline updates legally is possible  in Business Edition of Eset Nod32 .

and as of now the Business Edition of Eset V5 is yet to be released in the first few months of 2012 . 

for now Offline updates will not work .