How can I update my Android phone with WiFi?
Question by rishi /

How to update my LG Optimus One firmware and Android latest version with my home WiFi?

• James

everytime i try to connect with a wifi network it tells me error update your profile i got to try and update my profile and its says sorry no network avalible

• Kunjan

I have got HTC windows phone and i would like to make it Android Phone but how can i make??

• Rj_tsf

I already have wifi on my phone. The thing is that I dont wanna connect the phone to pc and the pc suite to update.. can I do it jus using my phone and wifi network?

• Susendeep Dutta

For updating your Android phone using your home’s Wi-Fi,You need to first configure your PC for allowing Wi-Fi to be accessed by another device.

This method is based on Wi-Fi Ad-Hoc networking.
    For Windows XP,.Net framework 4.0 is required but not for Windows 7.

1.Download and install Virtual router –

http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/releases/view/36035#DownloadId=93540

2.Fill in the settings panel with your prefered WiFi name, password and internet connection to share.

3.Click the start button to start sharing.

4.On your Wireless Connection Status, click Details to get the network connection information and note the IPV4 Address.

5.On your phone –
    (a) Goto Settings–>Wireless & networks -> Wi-Fi Settings.Open Advance settings menu.

(b) Tick the Use static IP option.

(c) Enter your desired IP address (ex: 192.168.2.2)  into IP Address field.
    (d) Enter your IPV4 Address (ex. 192.168.2.1) into Gateway field.
    (e) Enter 255.255.255.0 into Netmask field.
    (f) Enter your internet connection’s DNS server (use ipconfig /all command to get DNS info) into DNS 1 and DNS 2. As an alternative, you can use Google Public DNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
    (g) Disable and Enable Wi-Fi (in case if it won’t connect).

(h) Check the connection using browser or other application.

If the above methods doesn’t works for you then go to the website for supported list of devices.You can also try Connectify if the above software doesn’t works for you,which requires .Net framework 2.0 to work on Windows XP.

Supported devices for –

Virtual router –

http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Supported%20Devices&referringTitle=Documentation

Connectify –

http://support.connectify.me/entries/20316736-list-of-devices-that-are-known-to-be-compatible-with-connectify

Note:- Connectify doesn’t requires to use static IP on Android as it uses DHCP.

Tips – In case if you can’t connect to internet though the client already connected to the hotspot (Connectify or Virtual router)

1.Try to disable antivirus or firewall.

2.Try to stop and start the hotspot.

3.Try to kill the hotspot process using task manager and restart the hotspot,usually named as Connectify.exe for Connectify and Virtual Router.exe for Virtual Router.

4.Try to disable and enable wifi on Android.

Sorry but can you be a bit more clear. Are you wanting to know how to update your software? Because that should be the same process using Mobil data or wifi. Settings – about – system updates…Im not sure if I understood correctly but I hope this helped.