How to update my Android 4.0 to Jelly Bean?
Question by Naveen Kumar /

What are the steps I need to follow or will it have an official update coming?

• morris f cardona

How to upgrade amdroid 3.1 to 4.0?

It all depends upon hardware and the manufacturer’s will to do it.You can check it by connecting your tablet to PC suite or going to Settings –> About tablet –>Update.

• Andrea Perlman

Step by step guide for android operating system upgrade http://androidosupgrade.com/

• Kavinda

whar happen will happen to my apps if I upgrade my android 4.0 to 4.1 (hTC one v phone)?

They will remain as it’s and may get updated too if available.All your settings will remain intact.

• Saikat

is it possible to update htc one v ‘s os from anroid 4.0 to 4.1.if any one knows it exactly.how it works pls rply…

It can be updated to 4.1 only if you try out 4.1 version based ROMS as HTC has declared that it’ll not update it any further.

• Krishna Vallabhaneni

Using Custom roms. and it also depends on what phone you are using. there might not be a supported rom for your phone. just check on xda-developers.com. The most common phones that are developed for are the Samsung Galaxy phones.

• Edgar Meixueiro

visit the xda forums to see if there is some custom rom for your phone.

• VS Vishnu

depends on your phones capabilities..check that..

• Hanamichi Kurotsuchi

First of all, tell me your mobile model number and build number.

second :: till this moment the only device that has jelly bean on it as a stock rom is Google Nexus 7 Tablet, and official update is also available for Samsung Galaxy Nexux.

but some other devices will get OFFICIAL jelly bean update soon. these devices include.. HTC ONE X, Samsung Galaxy S 3, Samsung Galaxy S 2.

no other devices will have jelly bean till this moment officially, which means if your device is not among those which I mentioned , you may want for the manufacturere to announce whether they have update of jelly bean or not, if not, you may install a Custom rom MANUALLY, but at most of the times it contain bugs.

hope that helps.

• Lee

My GED xoom has android 4.1 and has had it for over 3 weeks now so it’s not just the nexus thats got
      it.

• Vipul Jain

if under warranty, best is to visit a service center!

• Kannon Y

It largely depends on two things: (1) your manufacturer and (2) whether or not the phone is currently on ICS. Although it appears that most devices that are currently already on ICS, and produced by a major manufacturer, are getting an upgrade. The reason is that 4.1 is primarily a modification of the I/O scheduler and the user interface, rather than a complete overhaul. Therefore it uses the same drivers as ICS, which makes it simple for most manufacturers to release an upgrade.

Anyway, if your manufacturer is Asus, HTC or you’ve got a Nexus, and you are currently on IceCream Sandwich, then it’s likely you’ll get an upgrade to JellyBean. The upgrade will be pushed out to devices over wireless, so you won’t have to do anything.

However, in the event your device is on HoneyComb or earlier, and/or your manufacturer plans on not releasing a 4.1 update, then you still have the option of rooting and installing a custom firmware. CM10 is based on JellyBean. It requires a basic three part installation process: Rooting, installing a custom recovery, installing a custom ROM. You’ll want to Google all three steps before proceeding with your own upgrade. Also, it will ruin your warranty and runs a high risk of bricking your handset.

I always recommend waiting for the actually manufacturer approved upgrade.