How can I unsubscribe from Disqus comment notifications for just one specific post?

Jack May 25, 2010

I like getting email notifications from all my posts from Disqus, however, I made a comment on one post, and I am getting too many of them. About 50 an hour.

I deleted the post in my Disqus profile, but I am still getting notifcations. I can’t find my post on the site to delete it because there are to many of them.

How do I delete getting notifications from that one post, and not all my posts I make?

Thanks!

1. AjayKumar

Thanks a lot for sharing it....

So annoying. I seriously HATE Disqus. I shouldn't have to be doing net searches to stop getting bombarded with emails. Still no unsubscribe link to be found.

• Jack Cola

Yes, it can be very hard to find, but it's at the very bottom of the last comment, and the end of the page. It's a bit hard to find, you'd think it would be near the comment box, next to the realtime link

Yeah, I had to get on a PC to see it since it is completely hidden on the iPad. Disqus and iPads aren't a good mix.

Just register and check do not send me notification

Actually some posts do not have the unsubscribe link. I really think that my Disqus profile should allow me to manage all my notifications.

5. wood plastic composite

the unsubscribe link?can use
    email

test

• Rama1

tttt

7. USB 3G

i want one... please?

8. Guest

I'm using my Disqus profile to comment here, because that is what it insisted on using. I will delete my Disqus profile once I'm done here. I found this post out of a desperate search for a way to unsubscribe from Disqus comments. There is no unsubscribe link in the e-mailed comments. The unsubscribe buttons don't work on the posts where I commented and wanted to follow comments. The comments don't show up anywhere in my Disqus profile so that I can untick them. So there is no way for me to unsubscribe. I simply hit "report spam" in gmail each time a comment comes in, and now very few make it through the spam filter.

9. adidas shoes

Yes, wherever you went on the post to subscribe via email (usually just above the comments) there should now be an unsubscribe link there.

Hi Guys, Well I deleted the comment in my Disqus profile which it said that they removed my Email address for it, yet I am still getting notifcations.

Also, the only unsubscribe link in the emails is to http://disqus.com/account/notifications/ which turns of ALL notifications - which I don't want that.

All I have done is setup a filter to send the email directly to my trash.

So far I have got over 700 email notification in the past 4 days.

You may also try unsubscribing by going directly to the post and clicking the unsubscribe link right there.

• Jack Cola

That's going to be too hard to find in a thread of over 1000 comments.

Couldn't you just open the comments and use your browser search feature to find your name or parts of your comment? That way you should be able to find it. That's unless only a few comments can be displayed at a time.

• Jack Cola

Lol, silly me, I found the unsubscribe link you were talking about.

yeah, but if you remember the title of the post you can locate the
          website URL online and then unsubscribe right from the page.

Aibek

• MP3 Players

yeah, it is really true.

11. Steve Campbell

Yes, wherever you went on the post to subscribe via email (usually just above the comments) there should now be an unsubscribe link there. Also, there should be an unsubscribe link in the emails you've been getting.

Hi Jack,

To unsubscribe from a specific post comments (powered by Disqus), you need to go to that post and scroll down to a spot right above the comments and click the unsubscribe link.