How can I unlock my Pantech Breakout Android phone from Verizon?
Question by Karla Monroe /

I have a Pantech Breakout phone. I have tried to find a free unlock code but I am getting the run around I bought the phone from a friend and I love it, but I just do not care for Verizon!

I called and asked them for the unlock code and they won’t give it to me, so where else can I find it? And is “flashing” the same thing as unlocking?

Thanks!

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , .
Best Android Apps
Best Android Apps
Android Rooting & ROMs
Android Rooting & ROMs
Android OS Tips
Android OS Tips
Smartphone Photography
Smartphone Photography
Best Android Phones
Best Android Phones
Best Android Games
Best Android Games
Android Helpdesk
Android Helpdesk
Apple Hardware Discussion
Apple Hardware Discussion

• Andrew

If your Pantech is an gsm then these guys will be able to unlock your mobile
    http://www.unlockscodes.com/

• Jada

Well my birthday is tuesday next week and I’m supposed to be getting a new phone wich is the pantech breakout just wanted to know do it have the connect the dot lock screen.

• Dalsan

If you would like to go to another phone company other than Verizon, you would have to go to another CDMA provider like Sprint, Metro PCS, etc. and not AT&T or T-Mobile as they use GSM, and ask them if you can flash your phone to their service as it is possible for then to do. Just as a warning, you may not be able to use all functions of the phone, as in not being able to send picture messages. Ask and see what problems or issues may happen if you flash your phone to their service to see if it is worth it.

• Kannon Y

Verizon uses CDMA technology for their phones, which, unlike GSM technology, permits carriers to completely lock phones into and out of of their network. In theory CDMA permits phones to be used in differing markets/regions, but in reality, carriers have used the technology to force consumers to buy overpriced phones and to keep them from switching over to another network. Both Sprint and Verizon use CDMA but unfortunately you can’t move from one to the other.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_sprint_phones_compatible_with_Verizon

Most CDMA phones come attached to a particular carrier and cannot be moved onto another network – which means that, unfortunately, they will not give you an unlock code. In theory the phone could work but there’s simply no financial reason for them to treat their customers fairly, if you plan on leaving.

• Dalsan

It depends in what type of flashing you or they are talking about. There are flashes for recovery mods, installing Android, or for converting a phone from one carrier to another mostly used for CDMA phones like Verizon, Sprint, and Metro PCS.