How can I unlock MSN Hotmail after it was locked due to failed login attempts?

M.arras June 21, 2011

My MSN was locked due to incorrect sign in attempts by someone else. How do I unlock it? I have followed the steps to correct it and have been unsuccessful.

1. leejunki

my account is temporarily blocked due to wrong password

2. kareem farag

i was daily using of hotmail service but one day i got blackberry and i set for period getting my mail in phone .... i set long time didn't use hotmail service from pc or laptop then one day i was signing from pc i got msg that my mail was i unblocked don't know why i started follow the steps untill i got msg that will send the code to another mail for my friend i was choose it first time in sign up at hotmail i called my friend to give the code then he told me he's mail was unblocked too ...... so what i'm supposed to do now and i didn't have mail to receive code or ur reply

3. Nic_owen

my hotmail keeps saying blocked, keeps saying sending code to a email address i dont know, please help???

4. Luke Everett

same i just getĀ adomatted

M.arras,

were you able to get your Hotmail account unlocked? Did you end up calling Microsoft?

• Captjack91

i just get adomatted

A script kiddy is probably having fun with an MSN freezer at your cost. Unfortunately there is not much you can do. Call Microsoft (MSN/Hotmail extension) and tell them what has happened.

1-800-386-5550
    Help Center: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-sign-in-help-center

I advice that you have a personal email and a public email next time. Do signups, registration, etc in your public email, and keep your personal email private (don't post on social networking sites, in replies, etc).

Since someone is obviously interested in your email, I would recommend changing your password as soon as possible. Fortunately it's not all bad for you, the lockouts only span for about 15 minutes a piece, and these kiddies usually have bed times. Try again in a little bit.