How can I unlock my iPhone 4 4.3.5?

Dr Johnny Siu Chong September 4, 2011

I paid $50 to a website to remotely unlock and jailbreak my iPhone 4. After it was jailbroken successfully, I am now told that I must pay for a $30 hardware SIM card to unlock it. How can I get around this? I tried Ultrasn0w on Cydia, but perhaps the version is not updated to unlock version 4.3.5. Help!!!

You could use Gevey Sim.

• Johnnysiuchong

I took my phone to an outlet that sells Gevey sim cards, had it installed but oddly the phone was unlocked only for a few hours, which was rather odd to say the least.

I can only think of the following
        (a) signal loss in between (for Gevey to work you will have to restart the iPhone)(b) it's temporary & randomly not working (also try restarting your iPhone)(c) it's a manual block via the provider or Apple

I have a Gevey Card on my iPhone as well.There are some things that you should keep in mind. You will have to repeat the unlock procedure (see Youtube link below) every time after the phone is restarted or battery drained. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOwD9wHzLVA&feature=related

Possible unlocking methods always depend on the baseband firmware of your iPhone.

If you did a regular upgraded to 4.3.5 [which includes the baseband] you won't be able to software unlock at the moment!

If you lookup ultrasn0w in the Cydia store you should get a list of supported basebands which you can compare to the one you are currently running (Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware)