How do I unlock my iPad 2 for the first time?

tony November 26, 2011

I’ve bought a new ipad 2. I want to know how to unlock it for the first time. Do I need to use iTunes?

1. June1049

How do I jailbreak my I pad2

2. Rosalind johnson

what do they mean when they say apple ipad 2 64gb
     unlocked do that mean i can just hook it up to my router or what i dont get the unlocked part

I'm not sure either - it could mean theyve purcahsed a 3g mobile version of the ipad, which is tied to a single carrier. In that case, unlocked would mean being able to use it on another network. However, I dont think thats what they're referring to in this case. 

Tony, you don't need iTunes at all if you bought the device recently, as it should be pre-installed with iOS5 (though it is easier to manage music with iTunes).

Can your describe your problem in more detail? When you say unlock, do you mean jailbreak? Or do you get a message on the iPad saying please connect to iTunes? In that case, you have an older version of iOS and yes, you should do as it says. If you mean jailbreak, then the process is far more complicated, if at all possible for ipad2, and I wouldnt recommend it. The only reason to jailbreak nowadays is for pirate software. 

yes, you will need itunes for backup and transfer data.

and also to update your ios version.

once you use itunes, you will understand.

can you explain more, the unlocking ?

watch this set up video if you have just bought it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUfkeCzmgt0

No, you're wrong. As of ios5 you do not need iTunes for either setup, sync with iCloud, or to update the iOS. Do you have an iPad?