How do I unlock a bios-locked Toshiba Satellite 6450-s4040?

January 4, 2014

I have a toshiba satellite 6450-s4040 (PSK0QU) that my 5yr old son was playing on. He somehow locked us both out of the BIOS. This is the first time this this happened and I’m stuck using my older slow PC (it sucks). PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT!

1. Scott T

Removing the BIOS battery as Hovsep suggested is what I use to do on older machines. However, as put by Oron J- there are BIOS password resetting utility. I have used Hiren's Boot CD, PC CMOS Cleaner when I came across this in the past.

Removing the battery, as Hovsep suggests is a good solution. On some models, it's tricky to get to the battery though. If that's the case with your laptop, let us know, and also tell us what kind BIOS your computer has (it should be reported when you boot up) and we'll have a look and see if we can suggest a BIOS password resetting utility.

remove the cmos battery and wait for 10min
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg_wvp1YdSI