How to uninstall preinstalled apps with no uninstall option in Android 2.3?
Question by DrSunil Vaswani /

How to uninstall preinstalled apps in Android 2.3 with no uninstall option for the apps in manage application?

• john dow

I recently down loaded an app tht hides its self n looks like a phone icon….I don’t like it n was trying to uninstall it but there is no option to uninstall….I’m not tht good wit soft ware n all tht but I kno how to do installing n uninstalling apps….how do i find out how to get this off my phone….please help

• theizzet

go to application settings, then find the application you want to delete, and click “uninstall updates.” It essentially uninstalls the program, but the icon will still be there, and it will still list the application as installed, but it will no longer take up space

• Drew Butler

Make sure to back-up the apps before uninstalling them. Sometimes uninstalling system apps can cause problems and if you don’t back them up first you will have to factory reset. Just a heads up :)

• dagoberto hernandez

• dagoberto hernandez

Want to remove photobucket, but cant. Can someone help?

If you have a task manager or task killer app,then run it to remove any running instance of photobucket.Then try to uninstall it.

• Raja Pradeep

First you should root your phone. Then use ‘Root Uninstaller’ app, it is available in playstore for free.

• sanjay_addya

You cannot uninstall pre-installed apps from your Android Phone without rooting! You can root your phone and then uninstall pre-installed apps but be careful about what you uninstall as uninstalling system apps may cause problem and make your phone un-usable. Also rooting your phone is a bit risky depends on the model. There are various ways to root an Android Phone. Just Google “Rooting” with your Phone Model No. and you will get ways to root your phone if it is possible as not all phones are rootable.

• Edgar Meixueiro

Your must have rooted your phone. Then you can use Link2SD app.

• VS Vishnu

Root…is the only option

• VS Vishnu