How can I uninstall Internet Explorer?

Ali November 8, 2010

How can I remove or uninstall Internet Explorer 8 from my Windows Vista Home Basic? I am using Firefox 3.5.

HiIE is needed to get microsoft updates.to uninstal:This calls for some key changes but you must try to be possible. The problem is to believe in windows that the program is not present. Prior of the operation do a registry backup and a restore point.Click on start then run. then type regeditscroll to the following reg keyHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftActive SetupInstalled Components{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}then on the right side where says IsInstalled replace the numbre 1 with 0Restart windowsIf you don't like using IE in Vista and prefer an alternative browser suchas FireFox or Opera, you can change the defaults by opening Default Programs(Start Menu) > click the Set program access and computer defaults link >Continue > expand Custom > select Mozilla FireFox or Opera > click OK.

2. Sueska

I agree with Oron, keep your IE 8 and make Firefox your default browser. I would recommend however for security that you update Firefox to the newest version (you are several versions behind). Also make sure flash and your other addons are up to date.

You can remove it during installation using VLITE (http://www.vlite.net/), but I'm not sure if you can do so on an already-installed system. However, removing it will not necessarily be a great gain as there are components of Windows, and many other programs that rely on components of IE. My advice would be to set Firefox as you web browser and simply forget about IE. Works for me!