How can I uninstall AVG trial version?

tops February 4, 2010

Please help to uninstall AVG internet security trial version. I have tried uninstall from control panel, used revo uninstaller and AVG’s own uninstall, all to no avail.

1. app

The easiest way to uninstall AVG is with either the original installer, or download the latest one from their site, if you don't have it any more.

When you go to install, it will detect the previous installation and offer you the option to uninstall it.

The problem with using the traditional add/remove programs way is that it launches a buggy uninstaller that attempts to delete itself while it is still running, which it can't do, so it fails and reverses the whole uninstall process.

Using the original installer means the uninstall process takes place from that installer instead of the one in the AVG program folder.

Ok, what exactly happens when you try to reinstall the program? Do you some kind of error? or? Please explain.

Ok, just to let you know I finally got it with revo. But not until I bypassed the Avg's dialog to either change to free version or uninstall avg (tricky, but I cancelled the box). Thanks a million guys.

Awesome! Glad we could help.

John, i don't quite understand. Can you please explain more?

Aibek, thanks. I just tried your suggestion, but no response. I still need help.

Did you try Hunter Mode in Revo Uninstaller? It never failed me!

5. John

sorry bout that , i have vista , but being new to computers i was not aware that i can access administrator by entering "user accounts" in my control panel , this basic info was discovered by accident , its too basic for anyone to tell i guess , you shut it off and reboot then uninstall those "stuck like glue" programs but put it back on afterwards (you need it for protection ) only shut off user accounts to uninstall troublesome programs