How can I view the directories on a server for a website?

Ed Tessmacher October 4, 2011

I read your article on viewing the directories on a server for a website:
How To Find Unprotected Website Directories & Get “Interesting” Files How To Find Unprotected Website Directories & Get "Interesting" Files How To Find Unprotected Website Directories & Get "Interesting" Files Read More

I don’t follow exactly how to do it for a specific website. I am very curious what’s there, and also what isn’t viewable by the general public, (active links, etc.), but I know it can be done. Can you please get in touch to explain it a little better?

Just add +site:domain.com to search within domain.com 

Note, you arent going to get many results doing it like that, becuase nearly all modern web servers have decent security settings, so the chances are that the site you want to hack is setup right. The only reason the methods described in the article do work is because they only go for susceptible sites. Once you start targetting, the method is worthless. 

In conclusion -  stop trying to break the internet.