Why am I unable to find my Facebook app through search box on Facebook?

Sahil May 7, 2011

I have made a Facebook app by the name of “Bite The Bullet Website“.

But if I try to search the words “Bite The Bullet” or “Bite The Bullet Website”, I don’t get my app in the search result. It’s not a page.

1. Steve Campbell

Sahil, the truth is that Facebook's search is far from perfect. It's not something they spend a lot of time on improving just yet, and I've found it to be pretty hit and miss across the board no matter what I'm searching for. I feel like one day they are going to take all the data they've been collecting and just completely revamp their search, but that has yet to happen. 

For the time being, it could just be something simple with their algorithm, like what James was alluding to with the number of fans you have. With pages, I know you need at least 25 fans/likes to reserve a vanity URL (i.e. facebook.com/MakeUseOf) so maybe it's something similar with apps.

It may sound stupid, but you need to have at least 10 or so fans before it will appear in the app directory - of course , how you get fans without being listed is beyond me. If guess promoting the app on your website is the best place to start.