Why can I only type numbers instead of letters on my Windows 7 Starter Acer netbook?
Question by Justjoan /

I’m quoting another person here. I’m having the same problem he is:

OK, I am having the same problem, but mine is a Acer netbook and it is only one day old! OS: Windows 7 Starter. Every key I hit is showing up a number. If I type “over” it is comes up as “2345”. I have unlocked the number lock, I have uninstalled the keyboard and still no luck.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Lj22red

Go to options on Constant Guard
    Click configure my Anti-Keyloggin protection
    Enter pin number
    Disable anti-keylogging

• Tritha71

Ok so my problem is similar.. But a bit different i have a Desk Top. And when i am trying to type in A new Web address in the search bar only number pop up but everything else is working fine. Just browsing the internet is impossible. I restore the computer. I aslo back dated it.. still same problem… Please help

• stefi

Had the same problem with ccg but disabling the anti keylogger solved my problem.

• guest

very glad to have found this. It was indeed the Constant Guard that I downloaded through Comcast. So glad it was not a virus or problem with my computer. 

• Ehayden73

what do I use to compose a letter and print it out, on windows 7

• Anishacharya

when i type in note pad it types correct letters but when i try it on google it types number pleas help me

• Angelo Mancha

tanx for the information…

• Andrew_mil@live.com

FIDELIS, it worked thanks alot. I couldn’t find the the number lock symbol on my laptop. It’s so fine.

• Dre Songz

i have this problem on my computer hp pavillion… what is this? it only happens sometimes

Hello, check that scroll lock and number lock is is not enabled.  If you enable number lock, you are able to use the number pad.  If it is not, you will not.

• Guest

my laptop is having the same problem, but mine doesn’t have comcast any ideas

Hello, check that scroll lock and number lock is is not enabled.  If you
      enable number lock, you are able to use the number pad.  If it is not,
      you will not