How can I get Twitter updates via SMS on my mobile phone?
Question by AnK /

How to get Twitter updates of your account on your mobile through SMS absolutely free?

• Vizay Soni

One thing you can do..
    create a RSS Feed of the Tweets …and use google sms labs to create an SMS alert of that RSS feed..u will get updates to ur mobile without charge..

• Steve Campbell

AnK,

Do you have a phone that supports applications? Maybe you can get a Twitter app and access your tweets that way. If your phone is not supported through SMS, it might be possible to have your tweets forwarded to you.

Maybe you could use a service like Google voice to get a phone number, have your tweets sent to that number, and then have Google voice forward them to your phone. I’m not sure if this is possible or not, but maybe you can find a service capable of doing this.

You could also look into Twitter customer service. Send them a message and see what they say.

• AnK

jessica thanx 4 ur advice ……..however i”ve tried tis but tha matter of fact didnt worked 4 me ….as ma network carrirer is not listed her……………..only 1 network is listed and dat 2 bharti airtel…………………so this didnt workd 4 me…………………..

• Jessica Cam W.

Twitter sends updates to your phone in SMS form for free but your carrier still charges you per text message, so make sure you have a texting plan (e.g. unlimited).Log into Twitter.com, go to Settings > Mobile to insert your phone number, and follow the steps to verify that the phone number does belong to you.Now when you follow someone on Twitter (say, CNN), you can click on the button with the cell phone icon that says ‘Updates are not sent to your phone’ (it’s next to the ‘Follow’ button). After you press on it, it should now say ‘Updates are sent to your phone’. You should be all set!