How can I turn on my WiFi automatically if it is turned off?

hamad3914 February 23, 2012

Sometimes my brother plays with the keys and my Wireless turns off because of the button on the keyboard. I have a HP DV6 3145se and there is a button to turn off the Wifi. Can anyone suggest a software or a way that can turn on my wifi automatically so I don’t have to hassle with the keys?

1) rightclick on the access point in the network
    2) choose properties
    3) under connection tab, check the box: connect automatically when this network is in range

• Hamad Ishaq

Thank You for your reply but I think this would not work because my Wifi adapter turns off

Hello, Do you have to press the FN key + F key to disable/enable wireless or just the one button?  If it is only the one button, you might be able to disable it with third party software or reasign it.  The following link will show you one possible third party software that might be able to disable the key:

Nope, Not that I am ware of. Basically, When that Fn key combo is press it  disables the wireless on the hardware level, sort of... If that combo is press, the only way to turn the WiFi back on is to use that combo.

The closest I could find that would help is this article from HP , Basically, You would only have to press the WiFi button, and not both at the same time. (Reverses the roles of the F1-F12 keys)

• Hamad Ishaq

Was very useful, thank you sir :)