How can I turn a HP DV6-1230US with Windows 7 installed into a Hackintosh?

Matt Eriksen September 11, 2011

I have a HP Pavillion DV6-1230US. I’m looking to have it dual boot Snow Leopard (or Lion) and Windows 7.

I have everything needed to install, but my BIOS does not show the “advanced” option, making it impossible for me to set both PCH SATA Control Mode and Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode to AHCI. Is there a way for me to do this?

1. Mulder

Even if you were to be able to set your SATA Control Mode to the proper setting, trying to install Mac OS X on a PC will not work out well for you. Among other things, you'd be violating the license agreement; you'd get no support, and not everything will work correctly, if at all. Add to that that any update can easily toast your installation completely.

Bottom line: if you want to use Mac OS X, you'll need to buy a Mac; you can also run Windows on it if you think you need to do that.