How can I turn my FutureShop credit into cash?

joseph August 14, 2011

I have a credit of $500 from FutureShop.ca because of their no lemon guarantee on a laptop. Now technically I can use the credit for anything in the store. However, I do not want to purchase anything from FutureShop anymore due to their terrible service. Does anyone know if there’s any way I can get cash instead of the credit I already have.

Your best option probably is to contact their customer service as Tina suggested.
    Their exchange and return policy states that Returns will be processed to the original method of payment and Our customer service department will help you with your exchange or refund the full value of your purchase. The funds will be applied to your credit card within seven days.

Joseph,

can you sell your credit to someone else? You could try to sell it on CraigsList or kijiji.

Did you ask FutureShop whether there is another way? Great chance to let them know how unsatisfied you are. Or just spend the credit on small things you need anyways, e.g. ink, paper, batteries.

Also, for some hardware items the warranty is provided by the manufacturer and not FutureShop, so should you have issues with it, you wouldn't have to deal with their service.