How can I troubleshoot why my wireless internet isn’t working anymore?
Question by morro /

I recently switched providers and small issues came up: no wireless for two days now! My PC tells me that I’m connected, but I can’t open up browsers. Would it be my provider or PC? Never had issues with PC ’till now.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , , ; tagged , ; or ask your own question.

Hi
    Try to delete DNS Cache, go to run then type cmd,then right click on it and choose Run As Admin, then follow write ipconfig /flushdns and then reboot

The above command will completely flush the DNS, deleting any incorrect entries too. You can also use the command: ipconfig /displaydns, to view the DNS resolver cache

or
    go to Run and type CMD then right click on CMD and clcik on Run as administrator then on that black screen write the following= netsh int ip reset then restart pc then do again the cms and write: netsh winsock reset and restart pc

Morro,

can you still go online using the cable, i.e. is it just the wireless that isn’t working? Did the wireless ever work with the new provider? Did you phone their support and ask what could be the cause?

What operating system / version of Windows are you using?

What do you mean with not being able to open up browsers? You can certainly open the program, no? I guess you just cannot open any web pages, right?

If your PC says that you are connected, you are probably connected successfully to the wireless router, but the router may not be online. How is your hardware setup, i.e. what is connected how? Could it be that your wireless router needs updated settings to work with the new provider?

Did you try to reset your modem and router? Just unplug everything, especially the power cable for one minute, then replug and make sure all cables are ok and connected properly, then reboot your computer and try again.

Here are some more Wireless Internet Connection Troubleshoting Tips from eHow.

• morro

thanks so much for all your input,all suggestions were helpful and it drove the techs.crazy….but problem solved,at the end the problem was internet security program blocking me,all fixed now…..thanks again