How can I transfer program files from one drive to another?

CL JACOB February 17, 2011

How can I transfer the J2SE development file and J2SE runtime environment file from the C drive to the program file folder on D? I want to save space on C.

Can I use it while keeping it on the D drive? Or can I remove the files after copying them to a pendrive or so?

Hey JACOB,

Were you able to transfer the files to another drive? Let us know if you need any further assistance on the issue.

Hello, you can try Steam Mover. This software was developed to help gamers move their games to other drives. It works well moving programs to other drives too. Here is a link to a review and how to use it. Best of all, it is free:!5626931/steam-mover-relocates-applications-to-free-up-space-on-your-primary-drive

Its not advised to do this kind of operations unless the person is a programmer. Doing this you have also to move the file path. Article on NTFS junction points

Junction v1.06

Junction Link Magic

Junctions points within the same volume should work - they should be hardlinked directories
    If you are running out of space on a drive, you can move those files to a new drive - but this can cause some problems with old links, configuration files, registry, etc. By creating a JP at the previous location (pointing to the new location) windows will treat it the same as if the directory still exists there, but you save HDD space.

To move your files You can try with JUNCTIONMASTER

Application Mover

Other this uninstal and reinstal your program.