How can I transfer photos from my Samsung phone to my PC?

Beau Beaulieu August 13, 2012

I have a Samsung cell phone that I want to download the photos onto my PC. Is there a driver or something that I can install onto my PC so that I can use a USB cable to directly download these photos?

1. Elaine

Great ideas... however... I've connected my USB cable that came with my Samsung Galaxy Blaze phone to my PC. It merely charges my phone. All those great step by step instructions from the Samsung support site does me no good when my phone is not recognized by my PC. I've tried installing / uninstalling / re-installing various USB drivers from softpedia, with no luck. I soooooooo wanna back up my photos from my phone! Also, my phone did not arrive with any software. I will download the Samsung PC Studio software (doing it now). Has anyone else experienced this issue with their Blaze not being recognized? Any suggestions?

• Jim

You have to first download Zune to your computer, then connect your phone to the usb cable. Now you can sync your phone with the computer and download your pictures.

2. sivagami

3. Nikhil Chandak

connect ur phone to ur PC using "usb cord or usb cable" (if u don't hv , then buy one )
    or insert the SD card of ur phone to ur PC & then transfer the pics to ur phone
    or I think use bluetooth .. ???
    or see out the links :
    I think these are the only ways out to solve ur problem of ur phone .... !

4. Amit Sinha

if the file is in external memory card then change the usb connection of your phone as mass device storage or media transfer.

if the file is in phone memory then transfer it to external memory and repeat the above process or alternative you have to install Samsung PC suite in pc then you can transfer files directly form your phone memory

5. GrrGrrr

option-1:use the samsung software that came along with the phone, and using the data cable transfer photo

option-2:ur phone and PC if they both have bluetooth, transfer photos using bluetooth

6. Justin Pot

I'm assuming your Samsung phone runs Android, because you didn't specify. From what I understand you should be able to simply plug in the phone and find your photos; is that not the case?

Either way, I highly recommend you (and all Android users) check out Dropbox. This software is already a must-have for computer users in general because it gives you a folder that stays in-sync on all off your devices, but Android users can also take advantage of the automatic photo syncing. Enable this and every photo you take will be automatically sent to your Dropbox, and from there to your PC. It doesn't get any easier than that.

Seriously, try it out. You'll like it.

7. Erlis Dhima

When you buy a phone, you get a cd to that has a 'pc suite'.. Which means, if you don't have the CD, search for a pc suite on the internet for your phone model..

8. Beau

Dalsan, thank you for your reply. No I have not tried that but will look into it. Thank you.

LivingOn and Tug Ricks: Unfortunately, it is an older and less expensive phone so Airdroid won't help but thank you anyway.

Aditya Roy: You'll have to explain the Mass Storage mode, if you don't mind.

In mass storage mode,you can transfer files using Windows explorer as you can perform while using pendrive.For this,connect your phone to PC using USB cable and it'll open up your phone's folder.But for this,follow Dalsan's software solution.

• Aditya Roy

Click on the link Beau, Its explained there.

• Aditya Roy

You can transfer the photos in Mass Storage mode, no need for any software.

9. LivingOn

if your phone use android, then take a look to

• Tug Ricks

I second LivingOn's recommendation of Airdroid. Great app, and it's free!

10. Dalsan

Have you tried the Samsung Kies software or Samsung PC Studio software? They should be compatible with your phone, and can be found on the Samsung support site.