How do I transfer photos from my phone to my computer?

James V August 18, 2014

How to download photos from your cell phone to your computer?

1. Adam B

Use PushBullet or Mighty Text

2. Ben S

All of this advice will work fine, and it really does depend on your phone OS as we've said.

Using Dropbox or Pushbullet will work for any mobile OS, and if you're on Android, Airdroid will get the job done easily. Let us know more info about what you have and we can give better advice.

The answer depends greatly on the model of the phone (and to a lesser degree, on the computer's operating system). There are also several ways to transfer the images.
    Many modern smartphones can be connected to the PC using a USB cable and be accessed just like any USB drive (the pictures are usually stored in a folder called "DCIM", possibly under "Camera" or a similar subfolder name).

With some phones, though, you will need a special driver to make this work, and with others you will need application software (e.g. "OVI PC Suite" for older Nokia phones) to transfer the images.

If it's a smartphone, there may be other ways to transfer the pictures. For example, I have an Android phone and most of the time I transfer photos by "Sharing" them to my Dropbox app. They then appear in the Dropbox folder on my PC. The same could be done with other cloud sync. apps such as GoogleDrive. Another approach would be to email them to yourself, though that can be tiresome of you have a lot of photos (or if your camera has a very high resolution).

If you tell us what phone you have, what your setup is (PC/Mac, wireless router or otherwise etc) and how often you want to transfer photos then we may be able to give you more specific advice.

Which phone model and operating system (with version) are you using? Most recent phones come with a data sync cable so you can connect the phone to the computer with the cable. Using Explorer in Windows, you should be able to see the phone show up in the list of navigable locations. A pop-up should show with the options to view folders, media files, etc., so that you can browse the contents of the phone and transfer files as needed.

Android, iOS, and Windows Phone have applications available for download that can be used to transfer files wirelessly over Wi-Fi. Cloud services like Dropbox could be used to upload the pictures to, if available, and then accessed on your computer. This, however, requires that your phone has access to the internet and use the internet browser to use the website or have the app installed.

5. amir bangash

Always use to needs /usb/ for computer edict

If your phone came with a cable to connect to PC(data cable),then you can connect your phone to PC and then you can tranfer your files to and from your phone.

For more methods,see the below article -

How to Transfer Data Between a Cell Phone and Computer