How can I transfer photos and files from my Samsung Galaxy Tab to my laptop?
Question by Kerry Patterson /

I am unable to download photos and files from my Samsung Galaxy Tab mobile phone to my new Samsung laptop – a VP305V5A, either by Wi-Fi or by USB cable. Very bloody frustrating.

I searched the help centre and it said that the computer would automatically recognise that I have attached a device by usb cable but it doesn’t so I can’t just select it and copy files. Please help!

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Diana Ambache

I’ve got the latest version of Kies on my PC, and I have previously downloaded photos from my camera. But, now, it doesn’t want to accept the photos from my camera, which I’ve dragged across.

There’s also a problem about it recognizing the Folders I’ve arranged previous photos in.

Solutions would be much appreciated….

• Tina Sieber

Are you still looking for a solution, Diana.

Have you tried to update Kies or reinstall it?

I would recommend to post a new question. More people will see your question and hopefully respond. Please post the URL to your question here once it has been published. Thank you!

• Teresa

Need some help….just installed Kies however when samsung 7.0 usb connected, I keep getting error message:
    Reconnect device in Kies (PC Studio) mode.
    Current connected mode not supported by kies.
    Check usb settings – settings, applications, development, usb debugging(x)
    What to do???? Thanks anyone who can help me out.

• Kathryn Greene-McCreight

I cannot figure how to get the photos on my Galaxy to my mac iphoto program. Can you please help? I am using a USB. Kies is on my PC. When I connect my phone with the USB to my mac, there is no response

Connect your tablet and look into notifications bar for USB connection related message.Tap on it and select connect as a MTP device.Then a window will pop up and you will need to click on open folder option to see the contents(internal and external memory) of your tablet.This will allow you to transfer files via mass storage mode.

• Gian Singh

plug it in and open it in the computers list of drives

• Saurav Azad

please install samsung kies or you can remove the memory card and use a memory card adaptor to read it on your laptop.

• Ahmed Khalil

Yes, it is simple just use USB memory card to transifer data between both of them

• Kao Vang

There’s also the option of using File Managers on your tablet. I use Fx or File Explorer and can connect to my computer wirelessly to grab files etc. My TF101 did not require any software and I imagine you wouldn’t either. You’ll need the USB data cable. Or if you can’t, you can also upload them to a online photo service (flickr, etc.)

• Vipul Jain

Actually PC Suite is not needed for simple file transfer in android. Since i see you are on Win7 all that is needed is connect tab via USB and on the tab your notification bar should you an option to turn on USB mass storage. Tap it and you should be good to go. If that isn’t working then go for the PC Suite.

• Erlis Dhima

Connect your mobile with your computer using a USB cable.. And don’t forget to install a pc suite!

Install Samsung KIES software in your laptop from here : and then follow the instructions as in here :