Can I transfer my Outlook 2000 profile to another computer?

Vincent June 11, 2010

Outlook 2000 will attempt to load, and then crashes. 147MB PST file and runs on an XP Pro machine. Can I port the PST file to another system running Outlook 2000? Or am I screwed?

Vincent,

were you able to transfer your Outlook profile to another computer? Were the suggestions above helpful? Please let us know what worked for you!

2. Alanjm

Within the Outlook account properties, select "cache mode", this will create an off-line file (outlook.ost file) when you close/re-open Outlook (you will see "updating folders" on the bottom right).
    Next, locate the ost file (usually in your Windows profile, you can also do a search for *.ost).
    Next, copy the ost file to a (flash?) drive (somewhere accessable to the 2nd PC as well).
    Copy the ost file to your PC profile on the 2nd PC.

3. Artur Wrona

Nice and handy article with all necesary dialog windows and videos to help you through the process.

http://www.slipstick.com/config/move_outlook.asp

Hope it helps ;)

That article is pretty detailed. I am not sure if this is mentioned but it may work.

Create a normal Outlook account, browse to where the .PST file is located, and over write it with yours. (C:WindowsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlookOutlook.pst) Hopefully, Outlook will load it up and show you all your emails.

I did this several times on Thunderbird and it worked, not sure if it's going to work for Outlook though.

• Jack Cola

Often when I have to format my PC or get a new PC, this is what I do. Basically copy and paste the profile and Outlook should do the work for you

5. Saikat Basu

The Microsoft Support article addresses the issue for Outlook2000. Do see if it helps.