How do I transfer music from my iTunes library to my iPhone?
Question by Julia Burnett /

Not sure how to put music from my iTunes library on my laptop onto my iPhone. Can anyone explain the finer points?

I am also signed up to SoundCloud but have’nt figured that out either.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Luca Vignando

Open iTunes, create one or more playlists or smart playlists with the song you want to transfer.
    Connect iPhone to PC, in iTunes click on the newly discovered phone, in the music tab browse the playlist list and select the ones you want to have on your phone.
    Sync the phone (command button in lower right part of screen) and bingo!

• the woozworld crew

I cannot find the newly discovered phone. I found the 1st part useful but I have an up to date iTunes library on my PC and it doesn’t have that

• Sashritha Peiris

Jyst get iTunes for windos and plug your phone in

• Albee Lu

It seems that Syncios iPhone Transfer can help you transfer music from iTunes library back to your iPhone easily. You can transfer music from iTunes to your PC first and then you can transfer from PC to iPhone.
    http://www.syncios.com/iphone-transfer.html

• Nick Sharma

Give a try to SharePod, it is completely free.

Just add your music to itunes then connect your iphone and sync it.

• Eserpess der

Connect the IPhone to your computer using the connecting cables supplied to you from apple and sync you IPhone to your laptop as long as it has ITunes installed their shouldn’t be a problem. Then drag the songs that you want over from your computer to your IPhone, simple.

• Theo Reisinger

The easiest way is to download iTunes and follow the tutorials. But you can also use 3rd party software (perhaps open source?)

• April Eum

connect your device, open itunes, literally drag your media files under device tab….

• Edwin Williams

Make sure there’s music in your itunes library. To add music, go to File –> Add File to Library.

Then to put it on your iphone, just plug your iphone into your computer and the default settings will sync your phone automatically and put the music on.

You’ll get the hang of it! Just keep playing around with it :)