Can’t Transfer Files from Computer to the GPS

Irwin February 2, 2010

Hi, I want to transfer files from computer to the GPS (Garmin GPSmap76cx), but it says ‘error in connection’, but I can transfer files from GPS to the computer.

The software I am using is Mapsource. Any idea what went wrong?

TIA

1. alpine car dvd player gps

If this software is uploaded to a GPS unit other than the product it is designed for, it will render the unit inoperative.

2. Irwin

Thanks, but there's a reminder saying:

"warning:
    This software should only be uploaded to the unit for which it is intended. If this software is uploaded to a GPS unit other than the product it is designed for, it will render the unit inoperative.

If the software upload fails, and subsequent upload attempts prove unsuccessful, the unit may need to be returned to Garmin for service. "

and it scared me to go on the next step.. but thanks anyway!

It looks like a new USB driver came out for it in December. Maybe that would help?

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downloadsUpdates.jsp?product=010-00468-00&cID=145&pID=350