What’s the best way to transfer Facebook contacts to Gmail?

Viraj January 3, 2012

How do I transfer Facebook contacts to Gmail ?

I tried doing it via the Yahoo trick but it seems these days it doesn’t work.

Also I tried the some tricks posted here. But they don’t include email addresses.

So can anyone suggest a better alternative?

1. Leslie Kille

I want to cancel work Facebook account; but, not lose contacts. I would like to transfer to my private facebook address/ personal facebook address

2. Min Shum

This undertaking could pose a bit of a problem. I have been able to bring in my FB friend's details to my HTC (wildfire) contacts. This I think is only an HTC-supported sync technology and am not sure if it works in later models.

After, I simply synced my Android with my Google account to transfer the contacts.

3. Lee

If you want a list of emails, you can import them into Yahoo (like you tried) and then go to Print the contacts. Then you can print them to a PDF or something (by using something like CutePDF).
    I think there were some facebook apps that export to a csv file, but I'm not sure if they include email (I tried the Yahoo trick and it didn't work either, but I looked into other options and couldn't really find any that exported email address if I remember right.

4. andrei

I tried yahoo just a few days ago. Give it a second chance. What exactly was the problem?

Otherwise you can export your data and then try to arrange it (using Excel) to a csv format Gmail will understand.

• Viraj Kulkarni

Hi,
      Contacts come into Yahoo after importing from Facebook. But Yahoo is unable to export it into any form. The excel file that it creates contains nothing inside it.

Guess a Yahoo bug.. 

5. Viraj Kulkarni

Sorry to say but that way isn't working hence I had posted my question earlier.