How can I transfer eMails from GMail back to Yahoo Mail?

Denise December 27, 2010

I set up a GMail account, it took my emails from Yahoo Mail and transferred them to GMail. How do I transfer them back to Yahoo?

It was an accident because I didn’t know what I was doing. I meant to send my contacts list to a GMail account, instead I accidentally sent all my eMails to GMail and as it did this it was taking all my eMails from Yahoo and putting them in GMail account. Yikes, I didn’t want to do this at all. My business eMail is Yahoo and I am comfortable using Yahoo.ca Mail, not GMail.

1. Syedsree

Hi I Copied All My Yahoo Mails To My Gmail.. Now i want To Copy Back My Yahoo Mails Which Is in Gmail Now back To Yahoo.. how To Do This..?? Please Guide Me As Soon AS Possible.. Thanks in Advance.

2. Arnold

Jessica is spot on! Last year I moved all my emails from Thunderbird to Gmail, but after a while I decided to move everything to my old Yahoo account. But how to get my email archive from Gmail to Yahoo?
    The trick is to set up an IMAP account in Thunderbird (or another email desktop client I guess) for both your Gmail and your Yahoo account, and then you can just drag and drop.

Good luck

Hi Denise,

Did you manage to get your emails back to Yahoo. Let us know.

4. Jessica Cam W.

I assume you used the "Import Mail and Contacts" and/or the "Check mail using POP3" options in Gmail Settings > "Accounts and Import". You'll need to stop Gmail from checking your Yahoo Mail via POP3 and/or remove your Yahoo account in those sections to have Gmail not import or get your Yahoo Mail any longer.

As far as the messages that are already in Gmail and you want back in Yahoo, you can transfer them two ways: Applying a forwarding filter, or using a desktop mail client like Thunderbird to bulk move them back to your Yahoo Mail account.

For method 1, first, go to Gmail Settings > "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab. Click on "Add a Forwarding Address" which is first section, and type your Yahoo email. You'll need to go to your Yahoo Mail account to verify that it is your account. Then, back at gmail.com, select all the conversations that you want to send to Yahoo, then click on "More Actions" next to "Labels", and choose "Filter messages like these" from the drop-down menu. You'll get a simple wizard to indicate what you want the filter to do. Click Next and just make sure you check the "Forward it to: [Your Yahoo address]" and the "Also apply filter to X conversations below" options before clicking on "Create Filter". It might take a day or two to get everything in your Yahoo Mail account.

The second way, involving a desktop mail client, is described here.

• Kaushal Singh

hi jessica
      I have done what u have said in method 1
      but tell me one thing when i have created
      filter in my all emails then after inbox is empty
      nearly a day ago but a single mail is not arrived in my yahoo account
      this method will works on all past and future mails.
      There is any condition to switch system on till the process will complete

Jes Plz help me as soon as

Hi
    1. Click Options in the upper-right corner of your Mail page,then MAIL OPTIONS...you will be in the GENERAL mode...then click on CONTACTS.(left side of the screen)..once in click on TRANSFER CONTACTS TO YAHOO...
    2. You will be prompted to re-enter your password as a security measure.
    3. Next is a permissions page which goes over legal information. Click I Agree. If you’d rather not continue, click I Do Not Agree.
    4. Verify that you’ve read the Terms of Service by clicking in the check-box. Click Start Transfer.
    5. Enter the “old” email sign-in name for the account you’re transferring from, and in the pull-down menu, select the webmail domain it’s from.
    * Choose from:
    Hotmail, AOL, Gmail, Comcast, Yahoo!, Cox, Earthlink, MSN, Netzero, Juno, CS, Optonline, and Worldnet.att.net
    6. Enter the email account’s password. Click Next.
    7. Please wait a moment while we verify this information. If we run into a problem, we’ll ask that you please re-enter the username, provider and password info.
    8. Now, leave a check in the check-boxes beside the information you’d like to transfer to your Yahoo! account. You can transfer Email, Address Book info, and usually, your Calendar info. Please note some webmail programs don’t feature calendars.
    * Would you like to send a note to all these contacts announcing your new email address? No problem! Leave a check in the box beside “Send a note…” And if you want to write the note yourself, just click “Click here to personalize...”. Click Next when you’re done.
    * Click Next to transfer the information to your new Yahoo! account.
    * The “Finished” page will confirm the transfer and offers you a quick route back to your Yahoo! Mail account: Take Me To Yahoo! Mail.

Please note that it may take as long as 24 hours to complete the transfer. When it’s done, you’ll get a confirmation email in your Yahoo! Inbox.

or
    http://www.trueswitch.com/index.htm

• AK KHAN

Is there anyway we can transfer emails from Yahoo to Yahoo, because your method is no more applicable...

The above question is very old. If the solution no longer works, feel free to ask a new question.

After creating a second yahoo mail

* Choose from: