How can I transfer eBooks from an iPod Touch to my Mac?

David Hallengren January 18, 2011

I have a few DRM-Free titles on my iPod Touch 4G and I would like to copy them to my computer so that I might convert them and put them on my Kindle. I am running Mac OS X 10.6.6 and iTunes has been upgraded to 10.1.1. My iPod is not unlocked.

David,

Didi you manage to transfer your iPod books to your Kindle reader? Let us know.

Aibek

"Where" are they on your iPod?

If they are in iBooks you can transfer them using iTunes using the synchronization in the "Books" tab.

If they are in a third-party application click on the "Apps" tab [where you can add/remove and re-arrange them] and scroll to the very bottom.
    There should be a File Sharing section where you can manage all the files associated to the App.

Your third option is to use a file system based tool like iPhone Explorer (http://www.macroplant.com/iphoneexplorer/). You will have to "explore" through the folders since there is no real "default folder" where your Apps store data.

• iPod to Mac Transfer

iCloud and iTunes can back up most data on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Or you can use iPod to Mac Transfer program to help.  Good luck.