How can I transfer .doc files to the iPad?

Sonny December 27, 2010

I have Pages app in my iPad and have tried to transfer Microsoft Word .doc files via iTunes (under the iTunes Apps/File Sharing tab). HOwever, when I open Pages app in iPad, the documents do not appear. What am I doing wrong?

1. Othman Ibrahim

How can I transfer files and photos frm pc to iPad?

2. Tileen Blackned@hotmail.com

how can i unlock my i pad 2
    is anyoneknow

Tileen,

your questions is unrelated to the above. Please ask a new question by clicking the respective buttons in the top right or left on MakeUseOf Answers. Thank you.

3. Sonny

Bruce, thanks for your quick reply. Am still new with iPad and Apple softwares. Your suggestion prompted me to explore the PAGES app a little more.

I do not see the folder icon in the top right as suggested. But I found at the center bottom, an arrow down icon which when clicked, shows copy functions from 3 diff sources: iTunes, iDisk & WevDAV. Clicking "Copy from iTunes" opened a window containing all the .doc files. Viola!

This works for the Numbers and Keynote apps as well. What's strange was when I first sync files for these two apps from iTunes, their respective files showed up immediately when I opened the apps in iPad but not for PAGES, thus my confusion. Would be nice to know why this happened but am now happily getting productive with it. Thanks again!

Hi Sonny, I've never tried this before but thought I would give it a go since you are having troubles. After digging out a couple of old .doc files and adding via the apps -> file sharing -> pages section, I opened Pages and could view them all by clicking on the Folder icon in the top right.

Can you verify that you are indeed adding them to the PAGES application sharing section - for instance, I can share to also to Stanza, goodReader, and a comic reading app I use; and also, do the docs appear in the Pages Documents list after you;ve dragged them in? If you reconnect your ipad to sync it now, are those docs still listed there? Have you just overlooked clicking on the little folder icon in the top right of pages app?