How do I transfer apps from Google Play to my Android phone via usb cable?

MANISH March 16, 2012

I have installed apps on play.google.com with my PC using my Google account and I want to transfer them in my Android cell phone.

What are the possible ways including through USB cable connection?

1. naveen

helloo to all,

when i am downloading Apps to my android phone always iam getting message as "downloading fail due to 453error" . what is the reason?

2. Dodo

i have samsung galaxy tab 10.1 first generation. I have bought some paid applications and already been installed.
    Now, i have a plan to buy Galaxy note 10.1.
    The question is, can i transfer those paid application to my new gadget without having to purchase?
    Could somebody share your knowledge?

Yes,you can get those paid apps to your new device if and only if you download those apps from the Google account you used to purchased it i.e. account on your tab 10.1

3. Aziz Bojang

I have signed in my gmail account to download android apps from android market place to both my android tablet, and phone. I have now given away my phone, but any time I try to download an app to my tablet it say the app is sent to my android instead of sending it to my tablet. How can I stop these apps from going into my phone (sony Erricson)?

While tapping or clicking on install,it has drop down menu to choose on which device the app should be installed.So,every time you need to install an app,you need to repeat this step.Ask the person to whom you had given the android device to perform a factory reset and set up a new account in it.

4. KRUNAL INTWALA

[100% WORKING] Transfer Android Apps Via. Bluetooth

http://www.topfurtive.co.cc/2012/06/transfer-android-apps-via-bluetooth.html

5. Septa chromia

Can anyone tellme how to transfer the apps of google play from the comp. to the mobile galaxy y.i'm havin some problem.i am instaallin the games from google play but
    its not coming in my mobile but on the computer screen it is wrtten"INSTALLED".

PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS

• Naj

I have the same problem as you! someone please help!

6. jatin

Dear , when u install the apps in play.google.com and then at your phone side u just have to do setting of Sync background data. And then all apps you have recently installed in google play it will automatically install in your Android phone . Note:- All apps will depend upon the Mobile handset compatibility.

7. Osama Sohail

plz can anybody give me some cool sites to download apk files
    bcause by using google play i m unable to download apk files...
    plz help me

apktops.com is the best site.

8. Mustapha

i want to send game now sim1

9. William jones

i dont have a data service but i do have an sd card im downloading apk.files but when i copy them to my phone and look on my phone they are nut there what is the problem? plz help

10. odubey2000

• Susendeep Dutta

I think that you had saw that apps will be installed shortly but didn't get installed in your phone.For those apps need to be installed,you need to have active data plan enabled in your phone.

If you want to transfer your favourite apps from PC via USB cable then you'll need to get those apps from third party sites as well as enable installation of it in your phone(can be done by going to Settings --> Applications -->Allow installation of third party apps).Also,make sure that your phone has file manager app preinstalled so that you can locate them and need to install them on your phone by tapping on them.

Hello, it is also possible to move/copy applications to memory card if you get the apps in .apk format. Of course your computer would need to have a memory card reader. All you would do, would to copy/move .apk file to memory card and once that is done, insert memory card in phone and install from there.

• MAN

I HAVE COPIED IT IN MY SD CARD BUT I AM NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND THE FILE IN MY PHONE...I HAVE HTC EXPLORER .PLS TELL ME HOW CAN I INSTALL AN APP THEN????????

use a file manager and search for the application name or by file extension .apk.

• Susendeep Dutta

Install a file manager app from PC using Android injector software and then you could be able to see apks present in your SD card.

Android Injector 1.0 -

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Android-Injector-Download-180818.html

11. krishna

sir i have Multi Media MID8650 tablet pc this pc is not working in my gmail account please send me the any suggestion in my mail sir"There are no Android phones associated with this account" error" ( There are no Android phones associated with this account" error ) this is my problem

Have you registered your tablet with Google account?

You may try logging out of your account and then logging in back after a few times.Check whether this solves your problem.

If the above method doesn't works then try the method mentioned by the user " seanconnell89 " from the forum -

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-apps/16312-there-no-android-devices-associated-account.html

" These steps worked for me after hours of searching and trying different methods:

1) Log in to gmail account
      2) Go to Account Settings
      3) Click on Profile and Privacy
      4) Click "Sign in to Dashboard"
      5) Once signed into the dashboard click on "Manage Mobile devices" under the Calender section
      6) Verify your mobile number
      7) Go to market.android.com
      8) Go to My Market Account
      9) Click on the settings tab and your device should be listed. "

12. Manish

Thanks a lot people. Your comments were really useful. Now i'm used to my phone fluently.. :)

13. DZYR

Manish, these apps should automatically download to your phone once you have an internet connection. You don't need to transfer them manually.

In the event that you do want to download a .apk file which you have on your computer to your device, then simply plug in your android device to your computer, turn on usb storage, and then copy the .apk file to your sd card. Make sure you have USB debugging on, under settings > applications, then using a file manager app you can install the .apk to your android.

• joe

is there a limit in installing in google account???
      how about this apps (Wiki Encyclopedia Offline-Free
      BitMagic Technologies LLP) its 3.5gbyte i have no idea if it will consume all my storage in google account

14. Susendeep Dutta

The best way to get the apps without data plan on your phone is to get the .APK files for the particular app.There are some good sites which respects paid apps and allow you to get their free versions.Also,they give you .APK files of free apps too.Some of them are -
    apktops.com

apkbin.blogspot.com

After getting .APK file,you need to have file manager app installed on your phone to see those .APK files.One of them is  -

ES file explorer -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en

Or else you can install these apps on your phone using the computer itself by using Android injector software on your PC.

• rahil

i have already downloaded android injector in my lapie but i m not able to bring those installable files to my desktop from my google account..
      please help me..!

• tinn

It doesnt work

15. Smayonak

There's a recently created Chrome extension designed to get APK files from Google Play. APK files are the installers for Android programs, which, unfortunately, Google does not make publicly available. Fortunately, this extension for Chrome will allow you to download these installation files onto a computer, which will allow you to transfer them over USB cable.

You already have Chrome installed, so the next step would be to download the extension and the follow the instructions. Here's the official page, extension and detailed instructions:

http://codekiem.com/2012/02/24/apk-downloader/ There is some discussion over whether or not APK Downloader violates Google's ToS. It wouldn't make any sense if it did, since Titanium Backup does the exact same thing, except it can backup APKs that are already on your phone - and TB has been around for a long time.

However, you never really know how Google is going to react. Particularly when it comes to something like an exploit that can potentially enable piracy. Be careful and good luck!