How can I transfer my AOL address book to GMail?

Linsey July 16, 2010

I want to leave AOL and need an easy way to get my information out of AOL address book, including lots of groups. I want to import into my GMail account.

Linsey,

Did you manage to transfer the contact using the ways recommended above? Let us know.

• Gecojohn

no

Funny, I was helping someone with this just last week... There are many ways to do it, but the easiest by far is to import the whole account (mail + contacts) by going into GMail, clicking Settings, then clicking the /Accounts and Import tab, then the [import Mail and contacts] button and providing your AOL account details.
    Your email messages will be labelled AOL (or something to that effect) so if you don't want them, you can delete them en-block.

3. Linsey

Thanks - I don't know if AOL supports exports into CSV format. Do you know how I could find that out, and how I would do it?

• Jessica Cam W.

In AOL Mail, click on Contacts, then Tools, then Export. There will be three options, from which you should choose Comma-Separated Value (CSV). Then click on Export. Then follow Abhigyan's advice to import your contacts in Gmail.

I have never used AOL Mail. However, if AOL supports exports of Contacts in a CSV format, then you can do that and then later on import it into Gmail contacts. Go to Contacts > Import. Hope this helps.