How can I transfer an Android app from my PC to my phone without WiFi?

Akshay March 12, 2011

is there a way I could transfer an Android app to phone via my computer without wifi?

1. Rananaveedkml

can we transfer file from mobile to android 2.2 or from android to mobile.......?
    like bluetooth..........?

please text me +92-336-5435983

2. Pbsingh29

sir i want to know about that how can i download apps from the android market to my mts mtag mobile sir this is a android 2.2 mobile phone by connecting it to my laptop by my netconnect modem.sir i do this yesterday but the apps are downloaded in my mobile and my balance detect but the apss are not downloaded by my netconnect modem.sir when i connect my mobile to laptop and sign in with my android market gmail id it send the apps to my phone and it is downloaded from my phone balance.sir please tell me a way how i download apps.

3. androidfreak

Yes, even if u have ur mobile switched off (also even without sim card) just keep ur pc's wifi on and u can install the app by logging into android market with ur google account of ur android phone. !! its completely working!

4. Genella

my phone is an xperia x10 mini pro, i can access to android market through my web searcher and through our computer, but whenever i try to install an app, it' just says i'tll be installed to ur fon right away.. no apps installed . please help me. 
    thanks in advance :D

although some applications will say successful they cant be obtained from  the pc browser.

Check where you download them

nice links alternative to android market.

7. Giraffe

I love how everyone missed the original question.  She is asking...  If she goes to the Android market on her computer and the App says it can only be downloaded on her phone via WiFi, but she doesn't have WiFi where she is.  Is it possible to download the app to her computer and then transfer it to her phone.  
    I have the same issue, but the only way I could transfer from computer to phone is USB.

• Janejiah

@99e8e2b3e3583371dc59e51623026d03:disqus  ya..thats wht seh's trying to tell... everyone else are blabbering different stuffs around here....

quite right, more problems are when the actual apk can only be obtained directly from the browser in android.

8. Niel Armstrong

Who are you Tina?  The post reply police.  Several questions now you keep saying post a new question.... post a new question, yet you lack to answer a question.  Go away.

Hey Neil,

Tina is here to help you. We advice posting a problem as a new question so that it received more visibility by appearing on
      MakeUseOf Answers home page. That's a logcial thing to suggest when we don't have an answers to a problem.

Aibek

9. Nshivapriyaa

The same problem for me too.... have connected mobile to my laptop as storage device, then have downloaded apps from market.android, and my account in android market shows download complete but no change in my mobile...  only when i connect to gprs the download starts in my mobile, i want to download without gprs in my mobile, how to do that?

Nshivapriyaa,

if you are still seeking for a solution, I recommend you to ask a new question. It will be posted on the MakeUseOf Answers front page and will receive a response within a few hours.

• Spoilme2thecore

I am having the same problem Nshivapriyaa.. Any solution.?

• steve

Can I possibly make a wifi connection threw mu phone if so

10. Vendetta201129

if i download a paid app for free on my pc and email it to my phone, will i get charged?

Vendetta, 

what kind of app is that? Does it cause service charges?
      To increase your chances for an answer, you should post a new question: http://www.makeuseof.com/answers

• Vendetta201129

you know how there are apps that charges you? well i know there are websites that you can download the app on your computer.  So since you can download from a website, i was asking if i could download an app from my computer and email it to my phone.  I have downloaded a few apps (that would normally charge you if you bought them at the droid market) on my computer and sent them to my email on my phone and installed them.  They work fine but i dont know if i was still charged for them and i really wanna know if i was charged or not.

As I said above, please ask a new question. I don't know the answer!

Or how about checking your bill. Shouldn't you be able to find out if you were charged?

11. Swngthng

How do I take a app from my phone and put it on my computer?

12. Elye

https://market.android.com/

Sign in with your Gmail account used for the android.

13. Ut Upadhyay

Please tell me the whole procedure of downloading different android applications from my PC to Mobile through Data cable connection.
    Firstly, i connected my Mobile through data cable to the PC. And after tht i tried to download the apps frm android market, but it says tht,
    "There are no Android phones associated with this account. Please sign in with a different account."
    Wht should i do nw?
    I have Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 mobile.
    Do let me knw more abt android.
    Plzz help me....

I suggest that you submit a new question. You are more likely to get an answer to your question that way. Click the 'Ask a Question' link, currently located in the top left of the main site: http://www.makeuseof.com/answers

14. David Song

Try DroidExplorer

15. Roy

Perhaps we need a little clarification - when you say you want to download apps through your net connection, do you mean your internet connection on a computer, or your phone's data connection?

If you're referring to a computer with an internet connection, you can download apps from the Web version of the Android Market (https://market.android.com/) and they'll install on your phone almost instantly. Google made this available earlier this year, if my memory serves.

If you're looking for a way to use your phone's data connection to download apps you have stored on your computer, I definitely second Mike's recommendation of Dropbox. In fact I recommend Dropbox in general, it's quite useful. If you don't already have Dropbox on your phone, then it might be a good excuse to try the Android Market website I linked above to install it.

• Akshay

I meant my computer with net connection.What i want to do is download an app thru the net of my computer and transfer it thru usb or blutooth.I read that u have to download .apk files or something???

So your phone doesn't have an internet connection? Does your computer have bluetooth? Is there a specific app you are trying to get?

The easier way is to just connect your phone to your computer with a usb cable and choose to mount it as a hard drive. Then just move the .apk file to the new drive that should show up on your computer's file manager. You may not be able to install an app from an .apk on certain phones though. You may need to get the sideload wonder program for your computer from here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-sideload-wonder-machine/

• Voncrane

"When it comes to installing Android applications, there are two ways of going about it. The most popular, of course, is directly through the Android Market. And that's how most of us do it. But from time to time we need to be able to sideload apps. Maybe you purchased it directly from a developer or some other perfectly legitimate method."

So If all u want is just 2 be able to install a downloaded .apk file (which is already present on your computer) onto your android phone through a usb cable...Then read on, this is a method i've been using for almost a yr.

"Or maybe *ahem* your phone doesn't allow you to directly sideload apps, for whatever reason. And that's where the Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine comes in. We've rigged up a simple Windows program that allows you to install any .apk file (that's the extension for an Android app) via your computer. It's completely legit -- nobody's going to track you down and take away your phone -- it's completely free (and open source!) and now you're back on the same playing field as everybody else, no rooting necessary."

It works on Windows, Mac and Linux so Visit the link below for instruction on how to download (i could send it 2 u but its best u get it from d source n give credits where its due) and use it..there's even a video showing you how it works..its 2 easy.
      http://www.androidcentral.com/sideload-android-apps-all-you-want-sideload-wonder-machine
      P.S. big thanks 2 d guys @ AndroidCentral for the SWM

• Shubhamapril18

Installing Application from market on PC.
      Does it charge while downloading on phone?

16. Akshay

Say i want to download an app thru my net connection,how cld i do that?

If you have an SD memory card you can connect your Android phone to the computer as USB Mass Storage device.
    After connecting the phone via USB pull down the notification bar, make sure that USB Debugging is turned on, tap on USB connected and select to Mount your SD card as storage.
    Two important things: Eject the device on your operating system and then hit Unmount on the Android phone before disconnecting the cable.

Another option would be to visit the Source of the App using the Android phone itself and download it directly to the phone.

Third possible option is to use Dropbox to get the App (or any other file) on your Android phone and proceed from there.