Why is the trackpad of my laptop not working when it’s connected to the charger?

amna shamshad October 3, 2011

I am using a laptop. It’s working very nicely, but when I connect my charger the trackpad of my laptop doesn’t work! Is this a big fault? Or a fault of my charger?

1. sah syed muktaj islam sisty

yes ! i Have the solution. Change the adapter which is u attached for charging ur laptop. it is fault of charging unit. not in laptop. that fault in ur adapter. if u r using the same it may be damage ur laptops mother board...
    thanks..
    from Muktaj(guwahati, assam, India)
    mail me at :-muktazislam@gmail:disqus.com
    if u have any other quarry. 

Amna,

did you find a solution for the issue with the trackpad? Please keep us updated. Thank you!

Amna,

Hello, have researched if there are problems similar to yours with all laptops of same model?  Sometimes when issues like this happen on a specific model, manufactures release a fix or even an updated BIOS.  I would visit the manufacturer's site and see if there are any BIOS updates and fixes for your specific model.

What's your laptop model and manufacturer? This issue is very popular with Acer Aspire 5601 and 3000 models. If your battery pack ID is listed, it has been recalled and Acer should replace your battery.

Go to Start -> Run/Search: "devmgmt.msc" without quotes to launch device manager. When this opens, search for "battery that complies with Microsoft ACPI module". If you find it, right click on it and chose "uninstall".

Check your power management configurations to be sure that your trackpad is not being disabled because of an external mouse or for power saving. You can test this theory by using a Linux Live CD.

If it's neither the Microsoft driver nor a power management configuration, turn off your computer, remove battery, then press and
    hold the start button for 10 seconds. The put the battery back in and start the laptop. (SRC: achanafi

@ Kioskea.net )

You should consult your computer manufacturer to see whether they suggest replacing the battery or trackpad. This is usually the fix for most people, as the problem is most often times out of your hands.

Helpful links:
    Keyboard and touchpad failure when running on battery
    Can properly work my laptop touch pad key