How can I tell if someone is tracking my smartphone?
Question by Kelly Blount /

I think my LG Octane is being tracked by my ex-boyfriend on his iPhone. How can I tell?

• Windowsisbettr

Since you don’t have a ‘smart’ phone per say (advanced MMS, easy browsing), and its not one of the name-brand smartphones like the iPhone and Android, your best bets are to
    a) Inform your cell provider and ask them to give you a new SIM card or number
    b) Contact your ex
    c) Turn off data (unless you don’t have data)

If you don’t have data enabled, great! There is absolutely no way for your ex to track you. Unless, of course, they have access to government-level tracking devices and can pull your location from cell towers and calls you make. Unless your ex worked for the NSA, you’re fine.

for android
    There’s a feature under “Location and Security” settings in Android that will allow you to disable the “Use Wireless Networks” location detection setting.

How to Check if your Phone is Tracked with Carrier IQ Key logger

How to Tell if a Cell Phone Is Being Monitored