How can I track a stolen Blackberry phone?

nthabiseng January 6, 2012

Is tracking my Blackberry device with my BBM Pin possible?

1. Madelein

My blackberry was stolen, I just want to find out if my bbm pin will stay the same, I have been trying to invite my bbm pin again but nothing, can you change you pin or does it stay the same.

2. Banan

I had blackberry 9800, last week we went to Paris and on my way to the hotel I forgot it in taxi it was turned off but when I called my phone it was turned on, all I want is to get my pictures back ,,,it had password help plzzzzz :((

3. Dennis

It's simple - just invite the pin to bbm if that person accepts you start engaging with them, set up a meeting and ZAP!!!

4. sam elliot

jeo buddenroma August 16, 2012
    It depends on how your trying to locate your friend. If your tring to locate them by GPS they would have to register their phone with a service , allot of services are free today such as Google latitude and buddy way which are a free service but you might have to pre-install the app onto the phone or get them to sign up with them.
    If you have lost/ or your cell phone has been stolen you can locate them by the imie number which comes with every phone. Also if you havent installed software of a location app you can use Mr Tracker which locates a mobile number via sms . This online app works but you have to pay for it. it locates lost or stolen phones via imie numbers and locates cell phones around the world by sms. you can find Mr tracker on the internet don’t know if you can get it for free but i got mine from http://www.mrxsystem.com make sure their phone is compatible as-well and that the counrty carrier is listed too.
    Mr tracker works via sms , once you send them a sms and they reply to it , you will be given latitude and longitude coordinates within their replied sms which you then input into Google maps or just use their online service. its pretty easy to use once you try it out a few times.
    Their are other alternatives if you like spy apps but they all have to be installed before hand.
    here are few links:
    http://www.mrxsystem.com
    and
    http://www.buddyway.com
    Reply

5. tejas patel

My blackberry curve 8520 has been stolenif u could suggest me how to try n track it ??????? plzzzz

6. nikita

how can i track my blackberry phone

If you had installed any tracking apps or had enabled GPS on your Blackberry then you can easily track it and can follow the steps mentioned in the above comments.Some apps like berry snooper is also helpful.You might have seen Google latitude -

http://www.google.com/mobile/latitude/

This can be helpful to track your phone.

7. nilmalsing

Oh god, then I've done a big mistake. I've just gave my imei to a friend. Now he will be able to know my location and I really don't like this.

8. william

how can i locate a stolen blackberry when blackberry protect is off

9. shireen

my bb was stolen is there any way 2 trace it?????

10. ALICE ROUTLEDGE IM ONLY 11 NEARLY 12

heeeeelllllllllllpppppppppppp mmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeee IM 11 YEARS OLD AND IVE LOST MY BL;ACKBERRY AND I WANT TO TRACK IT DOWN TO SEE WHOS STOLEN MY PHONE MY MUMS EXTREAMLY ANGEREY WIV ME PLZ LIST A BUNCH OF FREE !!! WEBSITES FOR ME THANK YOU

11. Nicholus

How do I track a stolen blackberry by using another blackberry smartphone? If it is possible can I have the steps of how do I do it? Or is it possible to track it by using the BBM pin?

Nicholus,

I'm afraid unless you activated software that can track your phone before it got stolen, you cannot track it now.

12. roshan

how can i track or lock my stolen blackberry phone ?

13. Nkosinathi Radebe

I'm having difficulties of activating my "blackberry Protect" and i want to have access of viewing my phone while it activated...

• Susendeep Dutta

Did you follow the steps mentioned in the article link below -

4 Simple Steps to Protect and Recover Your Data with BlackBerry Protect -

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2012/03/blackberry-protect-tips/

Make sure you follow the steps thoroughly so as to be sure to be prepared for any future disaster.

14. emmanuel

someone just my blackberry phone this afternoon, how can i get it back???

Hello, I am afraid that if you did not have software like PREY installed, it is not possible to track it. Report it to police and if possible speak with your provider.

• Susendeep Dutta

Did you follow the steps mentioned in the above comments by me?

15. tonmoy

3 guys took my blackberry holding a gun knife please tell me how can i track my blackberry

16. riliwan

i want to track my black berry how can i do it

17. Azan Anas

I Want Get Back My Cousin Blackberry With Easy Way

18. sam198

i lost my blackberry in school 2 days ago and i didnt register my phone online i also dont av any tracking device on the phone........how can i track it???

19. Sketch

I've lost my BB 2 days ago and I've already reported it the police, they said that it would take at least 1 month to find it... :l, I dun have a GPS installed .. I'd like to know if there's a possible way to trace it ?

20. Waqaas

hey I lost my bb 9300 2day how can i track it
    need asap

• Susendeep Dutta

If GPS tracking app is installed,then track it or if you'd installed TheSnooper app,you can track it from their site too.It also notifies you about SIM change too.

Else,know more how to track your phone by visiting the link below -

http://naijacomguide.com/tag/how-to-track-stolen-blackberry-phone/

21. Raymond Rayza

3 guys point a gun on my face 2day and take my phone at klipfontein can someone help me track it

• Susendeep Dutta

If your phone has GPS tracking enabled,then you can track it.It's in your best interest that you disable your SIM card services by contacting your carrier as early as possible so as to prevent any criminal activities to get carried over using your phone.

Follow the instructions in the link below to know how to successfully track your phone -

If you're able to get back your phone then make sure to password protect every aspect of your phone,install GPS tracking app or install TheSnooper app to make sure your Blackberry phone is protected from any data theft.

22. guillermo

i want my bb

23. kurtking

trace phone on my compert

24. Jess

My blackberry had been stolen yesterday in school :'( can u really track it down?

25. welly

no its not possible to track it

26. Lindy

hey, my blackberry was stolen Saturday and it would be an honor if u can help me track it

27. wils

my Blackberry phone was stolen a few month ago how can i try it.

28. 7moode_18

??? ?????? ???? ???? ?????? ?????? ?????? ??? ?????

29. Luke

my blackberry has been stolen do any one know if you can track them?

• Susendeep Dutta

If you've GPS tracking installed,you can track it.

• bunny

I just lost my bb today and i do have gps installed..i wish to get it back so deperately..all my bank details everything there..:(

• Susendeep Dutta

Did you blocked your phone's IMEI by calling your carrier?

You can track your phone using GPS -

http://www.blackberryspyeasily.com/blackberry-gps-tracking

• bunny

Yeah I blocked the carrier and also filed an FIR and send the copy to blckberry customer care and sadly I ordered to block my phone forever..their is no hope of getting it back.The police asked weird question like whats the cab number and who stole..if i knew it then why will I go to the police...neways..my Phone is a stone and of no use for neone neither me..its gone.and my Finance transaction passwords r thankfully changed on time thanks to the bank..all safe..but the fone gone :(

30. Imagin_it

How sure are u Tina plz? What about the use of MEL number in the phone

31. Neons50

How do u track it if its already been stolen

You can't.

32. Siphesihlezwane90

well you can track your lost blackberry cellphone if you ddid download the blackberry protect so uhmm what you have to do is to login in with a pc device with your blackberry protect needed info and from than youl know exectly where your cellphone is,whats really good about that is you can do whatever

• Gavinpekeer

How do u install bb protection on your pc,can u do it via your phone or bb software disk

• leisl

can you please assist me I did download bb protect and they have stolen my phone and I also have the new cell no. they are using so how can I trace my phone on my pc.

33. Kayakayaemma

Call Your Network And They Will Track It Down 

• Annonymous

Really? can you actually ring your network?

• aleshia

i went to the police stacion. apparently they could track it and they said that they couldnt so i went to my local vodacom shop and they couldnt do it eather.. wht should i do now????

34. Kayakayaemma

Ive Lost my bb In secondary Skl :'( Second Time

next time add a gps utility on Blackberry

Buddyguard
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/4894

Not that I know of.

In order to track a phone some sort of tracking software has to be installed beforehand.

If your Blackberry was paired to an Blackberry Enterprise Server which has location tracking enabled you might be able to but that's something you probably have to ask the administrator of the BES then.

No, BBs can't do that.