How can I track activity and passwords on my PC?

Monica Arras May 18, 2011

I am scared the child may be doing dangerous things on the social sites. How can I make the password be saved? He always selects NEVER FOR THIS SITE. Yes, he is a booger.

1. Ella1976virgo

wow..do u ppl even have kids? ive not had to look at mine's stuff..but if i were to suspect something wrong..HECK YEAH id see what was going on.oh btw..its not illegal to parent geez

2. Monicaarras

I used a keylogger but I can't access it so I got it removed. derrrr I have spoken to him but I would rather be offended by what I see than to regret ever giving him soo much freedom. Yes, I expect some taudry findings on the internet. I trust HIM I don't trust those nasty pedophiles on the internet so I want to know who he speaks to NOT actually what he is saying unless it is dangerous like meeting someone or talking about drugs to someone. I trust him, I expect so much from him but the world I DO NOT TRUST.

3. aaggarwalvia

I agree with tina . just you have sit with your child and explain which is good and which is bad..

4. Arun

I agree with the other two, u can try Open DNS, its very nice to monitor. And still if u wanna spy on ur kid, i'll suggest steel keylogger its really free and works fine with screenshots and password locked. search it in Piratebay.org torrent file.

First, try to talk with ur kid and then decide about the above one. good luck monica.

I agree with Tina to a certain extent, though what youre asking for is a KEYLOGGER. (google it). I dont think it's *illegal* per se, just a real crappy move to pull on your own child. 

Really though, you shouldnt be spying on them, and you might discover stuff you never wanted to know. Kids need their privacy, and if he ever found out, you may find youself completely distrusted for the rest of your life. He's a boy on the internet, I can guarantee you he is looking up porn, chatting dirty to girls and using derogatory language with his friends. You dont need to spy on him to know that. 

Trust that your son is not an idiot and will be sensible online as he is in real life

Either way, do you really want to know what he's doing online?

I would add, dont try to censor the internet, he will get around it and laugh at you for trying. 

Monica,

I suggest talking to your teenage child rather than trying to spy on them.

If you want your child's trust and respect, you have to treat them the same way first. This doesn't mean you cannot tell them what to do. In fact, if you suspect that your child is doing dangerous things, you have to do something. In this case you could restrict their access to the computer and/or block certain sites. Whatever you decided to do, please do something that is legal and mature!

Personally, I feel that you are undermining your authority as a parent if you are trying to spy on your child. Besides, I think what you are asking to do is borderline illegal. In any case, you would not be leading by example.