How can you trace an email’s sender using Outlook?

B. Lerner December 1, 2011

I saw an old post about how to trace the sender of an e-mail, but it only covered Gmail & Yahoo mail. My company uses Outlook; is there a way to trace those?

1. Sagicorfinancials

SAGICOR FINANCIAL LOAN  FIRM
    HEAD OFFICE--------The Mound, Edinburgh, EH1 1YZ, United Kingdom.
    EMAIL ADDRESS------sagicorhome@gmail.com
    -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
       You are welcomed to SAGICOR
    FINANCE LOAN  FIRM ,our obligation is
    helping the needy to gain financial stability in order to meet with
    the demands of living.
    And helping those who are in financial crises.
    We give out our Loan in USD($) and GBP(£) and any currency of your choice.
    Get affordable  Loan from  SAGICOR FINANCE LOAN  FIRM.

LOAN BENEFIT
    *Available 24hours/7days
    *Loan is offer to individual/corporate worldwide
    *No Collateral Required.

How to find the IP address of the email sender in Gmail, Yahoo mail, Hotmail, AOL, Outlook Express, etc.
    http://aruljohn.com/info/howtofindipaddress/

You need to view up the message header in order to view the senders IP Address. Open up the email and on the "View" menu, click Options. When the message options dialog box appears, look for the "Internet Headers" at the bottom. 

email headers option do not work when mail  is sent from a gmail id.
      one more reason to use gmail.

• Jeff Fabish

While I agree Gmail is better, they will only remove your IP address from the header in certain circumstances. Otherwise, the header is always sent as it contains vital routing information, a few of which are mandatory (to, from, time stamp, etc.)

there is no definition of 'certain circumstances', they use the word "may", but all the emails in my inbox from gmail are not showing ip address, which made me think that the email header option does not work, then i find a poor yahoo mail which revealed the ip address.

however it is possible to know from which country or area is the mail sent using the 'time there' option in gmail.