Why can my Toshiba NB550D netbook no longer connect to our router?

Dennis G. August 9, 2011

My netbook suddenly went offline. After several attempts to re-connect by clicking on the WiFi signal indicator, no luck. Thus, I decided to restart the netbook. And there’s when my problems started. I can not even connect to our router with the message “Windows unable to connect to (WiFi signal name)….”. Any suggestions?

Dennis,

were you able to fix the issue with connecting to your router?

Hello, have you checked if any of your settings for your wireless network has changed on your netbook?  What operating system are you using?  have you tried to flush the dns and releasing/renewing your ip address?  Is this happening with any other computers/laptops in your network?  Have you tried using an ethernet cable to connect your laptop to troubleshoot your problem? 

I would advise you to connect your netbook with an ethernet cable.  Once your netbook is connected to your network run the following commands in command prompt:

-- click on start
    -- click on run
    -- type cmd
    -- once command prompt opens type the following:

ipconfig /flushdns and press enter

then,
                 ipconfig /release and press enter
                 ipconfig /renew and press enter

If you are running vista/windows 7 you might have run command prompt as administrator.  To do so, type command prompt on search bar,  once command prompt is found, highlight and right click, on the right click options select run as administrator.  Once these commands are completed and succesful, try connecting to your network again.