Which is the best Torrent download client for Windows XP?

ndauvbieny October 1, 2011

I am looking for a client which can provide decent speed. Reason is, even when number of seeders are very high and leechers low, I am not getting speed optimization. Please give me your recommendations.

1. mahtab

i have also utorrent but their speed so low when id speed is fast so plz tell me this problem solution.... hurry up guyz

2. mahtab

i have also utorrent but speed their speed so low when idm speed so fast

3. Tim Brookes

I'd personally say go with uTorrent too. Depending on the torrent sites you are using, some may require certain "good" clients and uTorrent always falls under this category.

The fact that it's lightweight, secure, built for Windows and highly customizable are all just added bonuses! 

I use utorrent, which had many problems.
    here are some more clients.

but for speed and safety, Torrent is my last choice.

You can find the same content uploaded in sites if you google it. which will provide you consistent and best speed.

You don't have to share your IP address with all the people who are downloading the same file. (unless you are using proxy or something to hide your IP or you just dont care or you have the best security on your pc)

Torrents make browsing slower compared to downloading directly from a website.

When you can download directly, you dont have to care about seed n leech..simply Download with maximum speed according to your bandwidth  and not number of seeders n leechers.

• Cue

so please point out to me some good direct download sites..... i tried but couldn't find an-upto-dated-direct-download-site...... if u could help

What do you want to download ? you have not mentioned it ! according to that I can help finding a site.

• Cue

jay, i wanted to download movies,music etc but not through torrents... any good direct download site???

• Mjevolve

check here -- Mukki (  http://mukki.org/  ) .
          huge and a very good repository of many types of media content ... 

tell if you need more .... :)

music was asked recently : http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/download-free-english-hindi-music-free

most direct downloading movies sites uses file sharing sites..and most of them have annoying download limits and timers.
          media fire lets you download without these troubles.
          for example :

Just because there are a lot of seeds, doesn't mean you should be downloading faster. There are a lot of variables that play into your speed, such as the restriction of the peers upload speed.

If you want a simple bittorrent client, Deluge or BitTorrent are probably the best. Otherwise, Azureus offers a very large array of features. Also check out MakeUseOf's Best Windows Software.

6. Mjevolve

uTorrent is the best .

its simple and light and just works ..!

not getting decent speeds while torrenting is more of a concern in the matters WHICH do not concern the client , that much .

things you need to look into are --

1> firewall settings . see if it is blocking any network traffic from uTorrent .
    and you need to Forward a port of communication for uTorrent through your Firewall .

2> messed up client settings . usually happens when we try to act smart and change all the parameters in order to get some high speeds .
    uToorent in this regard is quite good .
    just run its default set up test and it would automatically set itself optimally for the highest performance .

3> any other security set up interfering with torrent client .

4>Throttling . could be at your ISP's end or in an institution like Hostels and Universities , where they deliberately snub the P2P protocol .
    check your connection here for evidence of throttling -- (  http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest.php )

these are the basic steps you should look into .

and these work most of the times for most of the users .

after your client is set up properly and you want to try some new settings , 
    or , 
    when all else fails , 
    then there are certain more advanced settings .

but those do not guarantee , they will work . 

thay can and / or even break the already existing good set up .

try and let me know if you need more help ...