Do you have tips on how I can SEO optimize and promote my site?

mg November 23, 2010

How can I promote my site for free. Do you know SEO resources that I don’t need to pay for?

I am sad that I don't have any tips on how I can SEO optimize and promote my site.

2. quality backlinks

There's a ton of free SEO info online, but you have to be careful who you listen and pay attention to. Not all of it is based on fact and experience, and a lot of the advice out there now is outdated and useless.

Good SEO comes down to this:

-Providing very high quality, useful, interesting and engaging content that benefits the user. Too many people try and trick their way to the top. While you might get a top rank in the short term, your rank won't last. If you focus on giving people exactly what they're looking for, and it's better than anything anyone else is offering, you just can't go wrong.

-Get links from relevant PAGES. Don't worry about sticking to backlinks from sites in the same niche as you. As long as the actual page your link is on is relevant, and of good quality, you'll do just fine.

Hope this helps!

If you site powered by WordPress, I highly recommend http://yoast.com/articles/wordpress-seo/

4. First Universe

Go to http://www.fourcentppc.com. They have a program that offers 100,000 banner or text ads for free, and you can order once everyday. Great free service. Good amount of traffic. Good results.

5. Anshul Dixit

Most of the SEO services that you find online are just bogus and you should not fall for them. You can SEO optimize your site on your own, though it’ll require some efforts from your side.

1) Get Backlinks: One of the easiest way to promote your website is to get “quality” backlinks. Quality means that the site linking to you should have a high authority with Google (and other search engines). And if it is from your own niche, that’s icing on the cake.

To get backlinks, you should comment on do-follow blogs. Remember not to spam. If you comment on no-follow blog, you still get traffic, but no link juice. The better your comment is, more will be the chance of people visiting your site.

Another way of getting backlinks is to do a guest post on a good blog of your niche. This brings both the traffic and link juice.

Remember it is better to have 1 backlink each from 5 different high-authority sites than 10 backlinks from one low-authority blog.

2) Site loading Speed: Google now lays a lot of stress on site loading speed. You can check out your site loading speed by logging in to Google Webmasters Account. And in case you have not added your site to Google Webmasters, do it now.

3) Submit Sitemap: While you are at Google Webmasters, check out if your sitemap is submitted properly or not. If not, do that now. And also submit it to Bing webmaster.

4) Add meta tags and meta description- though this won’t help much since Google no longer stresses on this.

5) Use social network sites like twitter and facebook to promote your website. Most of the times search results from social media sites rank higher in search engines. And now that Facebook and Bing has tied up (Bing shows results from Facebook), you can get good amount of traffic from there.

6) Try to include your keywords in URl string, bold/strong tag.

7) If there are images in your sites, give them a proper alt tag. This will help in driving traffic from Google Images etc.

8) Do not link to porn/gambling sites. In case you have to do so because of some reasons, use nofollow attribute.

9) Do not over stuff the content with keywords. You may see a spike in traffic for a few days but ultimately you’ll lose credibility with search engines and also the human readers.

10) Content is the king. Write for human and not search engines.

11) Do not fall for paid link sharing services. Getting your blog included in a blogroll having 100s of other blogs won’t help. And anyway Google gives less value to links present in sidebars.

Since you haven't been specific about your site, I'll see if I can give you some general advice.There is a vast expanse of SEO training videos and manuals out there out to scam you, but it all comes down to 3 essential things really:1 - Title and Meta data: Make sure the keywords you are targeting appearing on the page title, description, and keywords. All-in-one SEO is a good tool to do this if you use wordpress, but you haven't been specific with your site. 2 - Backlinks: The more backlinks you can get, the higher you climb on google. Appropriate backlinks that is, not just random ones from someone offering "PR6+ backlinks 10 for $80" or such. Avoid those. 3 - Become a part of a community: Find forums relating to your chosen topic, and become active on them; find other blogs relating to yours and comment on then, see if the owner will do a link exchange; write articles relating to your chosen topic, add a link at the end to your site, and post to free article sites like http://www.ezinearticles.comHope that gives you some ideas to get started.