Any tips on how to improve my Logitech mouse’s reliability?

Anonymous July 6, 2014

Sometimes, but not always, my mouse misses or doesn’t respond to my movements.

Here’s my computer specs: Windows 7 with Firefox. Logitech wireless M505/B605 with a good battery. I also have 6GB of memory. I also have a Surfboard SB6141 modem, linked to a Cisco wireless Linksys E1200 router.

Any tips on how to improve my mouse’s reliability?

sign to your makeuseof account that you used to ask the question. Click the check mark in a bubble above the thumbs up to mark an answer as the best.

2. Qedbob

I'm a nuby. How do you select "best answer"?

3. Qedbob

I sped up the universal and left scroll

okay thanks for your feedback:), if you would like to close the thread as solved, from your makeuseof account select the best answer.

4. Qedbob

I just made them faster?

what you did exactly?

Customizing my M505 mouse with Logitech software (SetPoint)
    http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12361/~/customizing-my-m505-mouse-with-logitech-software-(setpoint)
    check the pointer speed and pointer acceleration

As far as I could find out the Logitech Wireless M505 is operating on the 2.4GHz frequency so you certainly should keep it as far away from your wireless network as possible ~ which is probably hard in itself since you already stated you are using WiFi.

Therefor as Oron suggested keep the receiver and the mouse as close to each other as possible and if it can be achieved away from your WiFi signal (and "line of sight" between your computer/WiFi devices and the router to minimize interference).

Another method to improve a mouse usually is increasing the USB polling rate, however I have no idea how a wireless receiver/mouse would react to it so I would stay away from that.

• Qedbob

I'm going to start with Oron's suggestion. Thanx for the help!

I haven't used an identical mouse to yours, but have used similar ones, including from Logitech. Responsiveness problems, in my experience, are due to poor reception or interference. Experiment in positioning the receiver in different locations (perhaps using a short USB extension cable) and also ensure there is nothing immediately next to the receiver or the mouse which can interfere with the signal (in one case, we had major problem until we discovered that our phone was messing up the signal!)

• Qedbob

I moved the receiver a few inches closer and and moved some wiring that was close to the receiver. The back of my computer is a rats nest. I hope it works. Thanx
      Bob