Why is Thunderbird not downloading my emails?
Question by siyadhmon /

I have several mails in Thunderbird. When I open Thunderbird, there is an alert, like ‘the password is succeed, mailbox is in use’ after sometimes just showing the downloading messages. But the messages are not downloaded. Please help me with this problem.

were you able to fix your issue with Thunderbird in the meantime? Was the advice above helpful? Please update us and in case the problem is solved, let us know how you did it. Thank you!

I believe this can be problem of the email server, that do not allow multiple connections to the same account. It’s usually the same with web-mail and email applications (not only Thunderbird) which access the same account.

You must make sure that only one device is accessing the account at the same time.Make sure that you do not have “Leave messages on server” selected in

The messages possibly actually downloaded. But they can be downloaded to your “Sent” folder or another folder?Troubleshooting Mozilla Thunderbird Incoming E-Mail Problems
    http://www.tech-evangelist.com/2007/11/11/thunderbird-incoming-email-problems/New messages do not appear
    Disappearing mail

“mailbox is in use” usually means that someone is accessing your account at the same time. This could be another person, another device (e.g. your smart phone) or simply a stuck process or a not deleted lock file on the server.

First you should make sure that no other device of yours (smart phone, tablet, computer, notebook) is retrieving mails from this account at the same time.
    If above is not the case and the error is persistent you will have to contact the administrator of the email server or service.
    If you don’t have any other device retrieving mails from this account and the error appears only occasionally I highly suggest to change your email password because someone else could be accessing your account.