Why is the text on some webpages white like the background?

David Z March 27, 2011

My main text is missing in all of my iGoogle pages, unless I highlight the main text of the page. Even this page I’m on right now, I had to highlight it to see where to type what. There is no text by these dialog boxes.

1. David Zeman

I believe the problem was with the plug-ins & extensions.So I took your advice and, disabled each one, then enabled it again. When I restarted, my text had reappeared.Thanx again, Tina. I'll hollar at you later. David

2. David Zeman

I took your advice Tina,and have all my text back.Thanx your awsome.Now I get to install firefox 4. Thanx again Tina

Thanks for the feedback, David! What did the trick?

3. David Zeman

I changed my profile,but to no avail.Some things are working better.The missing text is in internet explorer as well.The page I'm looking at right now on your site is missing the text as well.I can't read what you wrote untill I highlight it.I'll get back to you as soon as I mess with the plugins & extentions. I have firefox 4 setup waiting to be installed today some time.I have to confess, I'm a little bit afraid of 4.There is alot of crazy glitches that I've read about. Thanx Zpook59

I'm running Firefox 4 and haven't had any issues at all. The migration was super smooth, didn't feel like much change at all - which *I* find *very* disappointing! ;)

Anyways, the fact that you have similar issues in Internet Explorer indicate that it's not a browser issue. Are you using an antivirus program? Did you scan your computer for malware lately? Try Malwarebytes (free version) and Microsoft Security Essentials.

David,

which browser are you using?

From your description it sounds like the font color of the text you cannot see is simply white. I adjusted your question accordingly.

Your browser can override the default font color on a website.

In Firefox go to > Tools > Options > Content tab and under the headline > Fonts & Colors click on > Colors... Check the box to > allow pages to choose their own colors. Under > Text and Background, be sure that they are not the same. Per default, the text is black and the background is white.

In Internet Explorer go to > Extras > Internet Options > General tab. Click the button > Colors... at the bottom and check the box > Use Windows colors (or something to that extend).

Please let us know whether this helped to solve your problem. Thank you!

• David Zeman

I checked all my color & font settings in firefox,Still the problem persists.Maybe it's a script problem, I just can't figure it out. I already reinstalled google,and that didn't work either. The next plan is reinstall firefox with google. I have a feeling that won't work either. the problem is expanding to my email. So I'm thinking it's something else.Thanx for the input Tina,I really appreciate your help. If you have any other ideas, feel free to Holler at me. No text anywhere. David Z

Sorry, I missed that it's a problem only with a few specific sites. Did you try to clear your cache and cookies? That's the first thing you need to do, then reboot Firefox.

Have you upgraded to Firefox 4, yet? Definitely do that and see whether it solves the problem. You have to download Firefox 4 here and run the installation file. Firefox 3.x must be closed.

If none of that helps, try to create a new Firefox profile. It's a quick way to test whether the fault is within your settings and extensions or within your system.

Close Firefox. Then click the key combination [WINDOWS] + [R]. It will open the run command. Type the following, then hit enter: Firefox.exe -profilemanager

Firefox will launch the profile manager. Create a new profile, open it (don't make it default), check your iGoogle pages and Email, then let us know what the result is.

If the problem is gone, you probably have a conflict somewhere. Try to disable your most recently installed or upgraded add-ons (extensions and plugins), one after the other. It's tedious, but you should find the culprit there.

If the problem persists let us know and we'll rack our brains for more possibilities.

What do you mean "reinstalled google"?

Any chance you take some screenshots and attach them to the thread here?