How can I tether a Straight Talk phone to a laptop?
Question by Gary /

How do I program a Straight Talk phone to allow me to tether a laptop to it?

• Etselec1122782

when i type in the provided joikuspot into my phone it goes to a search engine. what am i doing wrong.

• Mrmister654

watch out marks gonan tattle on us

• Nitskoo210

has anyone had problems with straight talk shutting off the internet due to excessive data usage?? i have a e5, downloaded the joikuspot, and apparently downloaded to much. lol anyone know how to fix that problem?

• Toni

I just got the straight talk e5 last night and downloaded juoikuspot and it works perfect for a hotspot for my inlaws iphone and my sons little bitty eeepc but i have yet to figure out how to get the kindle fire to pick it up.. any sugestions? oh and my husbands android i able to wifi to.. but the real reason i want to wifi is for the kindle

• Rec3

Kindle will not connect to your phone’s hot spot. Something to do with the type of signal. I use Juoikuspot on my Nokia e71 and it works great.

did Lee’s suggestion work for you? Please keep us updated!

• Lee

You might be able to tether via the USB cable or bluetooth. On my AT&T dumbphone, I just have to plug it into my computer and make a dialup connection with the phone as the modem. This will only work if the phone shows up as a modem when you plug it in (look in the phone settings and make sure it’s not in mass storage mode). You will need a dialup number, username, and password however, and I’m not really sure where you would find that. It might be in the settings (if you can find a section for internet profiles, the username will be listed). If it is connecting using AT&T’s servers, then it might be:
    Phone Number: *99#
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM (all caps)
    Password: CINGULAR1 (all caps)

If it’s not connecting through AT&T, then I don’t know the connection information. Try googling your phone model with “DUN tether”