How can I tether a Straight Talk phone to a laptop?

Gary August 20, 2011

How do I program a Straight Talk phone to allow me to tether a laptop to it?

1. Etselec1122782

when i type in the provided joikuspot into my phone it goes to a search engine. what am i doing wrong.

2. Mrmister654

watch out marks gonan tattle on us

• Str8dater18

mark is the phone hitler

• laura

I keep having to go into settings aand turn it back on.

3. Nitskoo210

has anyone had problems with straight talk shutting off the internet due to excessive data usage?? i have a e5, downloaded the joikuspot, and apparently downloaded to much. lol anyone know how to fix that problem?

4. Toni

I just got the straight talk e5 last night and downloaded juoikuspot and it works perfect for a hotspot for my inlaws iphone and my sons little bitty eeepc but i have yet to figure out how to get the kindle fire to pick it up.. any sugestions? oh and my husbands android i able to wifi to.. but the real reason i want to wifi is for the kindle

• Rec3

Kindle will not connect to your phone's hot spot. Something to do with the type of signal. I use Juoikuspot on my Nokia e71 and it works great.

Gary, 

did Lee's suggestion work for you? Please keep us updated!

6. Lee

You might be able to tether via the USB cable or bluetooth. On my AT&T dumbphone, I just have to plug it into my computer and make a dialup connection with the phone as the modem. This will only work if the phone shows up as a modem when you plug it in (look in the phone settings and make sure it's not in mass storage mode). You will need a dialup number, username, and password however, and I'm not really sure where you would find that. It might be in the settings (if you can find a section for internet profiles, the username will be listed). If it is connecting using AT&T's servers, then it might be:
    Phone Number: *99#
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM (all caps)
    Password: CINGULAR1 (all caps)

If it's not connecting through AT&T, then I don't know the connection information. Try googling your phone model with "DUN tether"