How can I test a motherboard with a multimeter?

jose perez May 22, 2010

Could some of you please give a way to test if a motherboard is ok using a multimeter?

1. rickyponting.ping

A motherboard is far too complex to be tested with just a multimeter. Is there a particular fault with your motherboard that you are trying to resolve?

I don't know if it cooperates, but you can buy a "POST Diagnostic Testing Card" for abour $10 which will do fairly thorough check of the motherboard and report a code which you can read off the manual to see what, if anything, is wrong with the motherboard.
    **********

Ricky

Technology Details

2. Steve Campbell

Here's an article I found on testing a motherboard you might find useful:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4431298_test-computer-motherboard.html

I don't know if it helps, but you can buy a "POST Diagnostic Testing Card" for abour $10 which will do fairly thorough check of the motherboard and report a code which you can read off the manual to see what, if anything, is wrong with the motherboard.