Are you addicted to the internet?

Tina May 4, 2011

How many hours a day do you use the internet?

What do you do when the internet is not working?

Do you still use your computer or welcome the break?

1. Mindy SchwartzBrown

I am addicted to the Internet and interact with it about 8 hours a day,
    between using my laptop at home and my IPhone when out.
    On occasions when internet access is unavailable, I do feel anxious
    and antsy. Having the ability to look up information about things
    I hear from people or on the news or questions that arise spontaneously
    is a delight for me. When Google and other search vehicles are not available,
    I resort to old fashioned methods, i.e. books, but who can carry all the books
    one needs all the time?

A minimum of 16 hours on a slow day...if the power goes out I try to find a cafe or library in another town with Internet - or I "Make Use Of" my nifty Android and its cellular data plan. :-)

3. Abhishek Verma

addicted...on an average , 5 hrs daily..

4. Sabrina Johnson

On and off 5 hours, but if the Internet is down I do get crabby, lol. I do welcome the break and I get more work accomplished.

5. matt

not to the internet but to social media sites. :D

6. Saptashwa

If you consider that being a school-going teenager (in India), I've to get up at 5:45 am everyday, reach school by 7:15 am (do my before-school duties), study for 6 hours; after school, come back, do homework, finish that day's studies - all takes till about 8 or 8:30pm. Oh I read newspaper for 1 hour (truth). After that, I don't usually get time for net-surfing.
    On week-ends, it's different - 4 to 5 hours on the net. And BTW I haven't got out of our house (except for school; and exactly 5 times for other odds and ends) for about 8 months. Any free time I get, I'm just online. If you consider that to be a net-addict, I am. And I don't switch off the net till the power's gone (or I play PES 2011). Saikat [Basu] will know well what is power cuts in this part of the world.

Not being a net addict will be considered abnormal Soon :)

8. Saikat Basu

Yes, I guess I am. Not normally so, but it's the first thing I switch on while brushing my teeth in the morning, and the first thing I miss when either the connection or the electricity goes. If you are living in the tropics and don't miss the AC or the fan but the internet, that shows that one is addicted.

• Sahil Dave

same goes with me !
      before brushing my teeth, i open my laptop to check mails and feeds !

Life - Internet = ERROR 404 "NOT FOUND"

• Saptashwa

I guess you will well know what are power cuts (mainly in Bengal) during summers. How come I haven't seen you? I stay quite close to Kolkata.

• Saikat Basu

Well, Sapta...
        With a billion people around us, it will be difficult to spot me :)

But going through your answer below, I think internet addiction (or specifically Facebook addiction) is what's taking over large parts of our country especially teenagers. As we know, any form of addiction is bad unless balanced out with more healthy activities.

• Saptashwa

Actually, I'm not even on FB personally. Neither on any of the social sites. They're boring. I just have a Twitter acc. for my blog. And customizing my blog is what takes 4 hours out of the said 5 hours. The others are checking my 6 different email acc., and Google Analytics. If I've time, then MUO, LH, Engadget et al.

I fear I may be. I spent an hour with my iPad in bed reading RSS feeds before I actually get up. ...

Too many hours on too many days.