Xoandre Moats

Which television service is the best value?

28 Aug 2010
28 Aug 2010 | |

Living in the suburbs of Chicago, I have been wondering what the best possible value for Cable / Satellite television could possibly be. Among the services I know of in the area are Comcast, Comcast Xfinity, Dish Network, DirecTV, WOW (Wide Open West), and AT&T Uverse, of which I currently have Dish Network.

I was hoping to have an analysis of the basic, family, and deluxe packages (NO PAY CHANNELS INCLUDED) so that I – and many others like myself – may better judge what is the best option.

HD Quality and Signal reliability is always an issue, as I know from recent experience that my in-laws (who have Comcast HD) have had all their OnDemand features fail at random times, as well as occasional total loss of reception. During severe weather I have lost signal and several DVR recordings due to high winds or heavy cloud cover during the rain.

If there is a website which compares the quality of these (Consumer Reports does not have this information unfortunately) as well as the value of regular rates after introductory offers expire, that would be awesome!